Canadian lookup help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian lookup help please

I am trying to help a young Canadian who is over here working for a year. I am ok on the Woking side of her family but the emigration side is proving more difficult as i do not have access to this
    Can anyone find anything on
    Andrew Brendon Rubidge b 1911 not sure where
    married Elizabeth Reid b1916 in Vancouver

Anything is appreciated

Hi,
    There is an incoming passenger list for Andrew Brendon Rubidge for 1939, birth is given as c 1912 - this is Canada to London.
    Also another entry for the same man but in 1954 from Rangoon to London.
    I will PM you.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Marriage J/A/S qtr 1940 Portsmouth Southampton Vol 2b Page 1944.
      Andrew B Rubidge & Elizabeth D A Reid

Moggie

Comment

Hi again,
        Here is a transcription of the 1954 passenger list from Rangoon to London on the Staffordshire, Bibby line, 161082
        Arrival date 16 August 1954.
        As some of the children may be living I wonder if I should do the rest by personal mail - not too sure if that is the rules.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

There's an A B Rubidge, poultry farmer, listed in the BT books up to 1976.
          Address Twopenny Lane Southbourne, Hampshire.
          Moggie

Comment

On Findmypast there's an Andrew RUBIDGE born c 1911 leaving Southampton in 1925 going to Canada, Montreal . I don't have any credits to look at the image but there are no other RUBIDGE's travelling with him.
            Moggie

Comment

I will write all of these out and maybe get a picture of his journeys
              Thank you all

Comment

There's an Andrew Rubidge age 27 b:c1912 Barrie Canada, on the New York passenger list going from Southampton and arriving NY 31 Mar 1939 his occupation is Marine Officer and he is travelling with Violet Lindsay age 65 noted as 'aunt'. She is born Scotland and is shown as a domestic servant.
                Margaret

Comment

MARGARETMARCH
                  that is definitely him thanks

Comment

Another possible from an incoming passenger list. 26th Aug 1924
                    Mary A Rubidge age 58 housewife c/o Thos Cook Ludgate Circus London
                    Andrew Rubidge age 12 scholar same address
                    Nardetta Rubidge age 29 39 Lexham Gdns Kensington.

Moggie

I think the name may be Narletta
                    Last edited by maudarby; 24-08-09, 13:32.

Comment

Hi
                      Does you friend know who his parents, grandparents were etc
                      I can't find a birth for him but possible parents were Walter Brendon Rubidge/Florence Ottilie Gordon married 1910. I've also found Walter's parents & grandparents.
                      Moggie

P.S These people belonged to the Plymouth Brethren.
                      Last edited by maudarby; 24-08-09, 15:28.

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                        Hi
                        Does you friend know who his parents, grandparents were etc
                        I can't find a birth for him but possible parents were Walter Brendon Rubidge/Florence Ottilie Gordon married 1910. I've also found Walter's parents & grandparents.
                        Moggie

P.S These people belonged to the Plymouth Brethren.
                        Maudarby,
                        From what was said earlier it looks like he was born in Canada.
                        Margaret

Comment

His whole family tree, back to 1642, is online here: rubidge - List of Rubidges

Here are his parents and siblings:

Children of Walter Frederick Brendon Rubidge and Florence Ottilie Gordon:

Andrew Brendon Rubidge. b. 7 Aug 1911. Moved to England after 1930, then to Africa. Children: (deleted - living?)
                          Reginald Lindsay Leslie Rubidge. b. 13 Nov 1913, d. Sep 1991. Carpenter in 1955. Addr: 63 Albright Ave, Alderwood (now Etobicoke) (1947, 1955). m. Anne Violet Kellett. Children: (deleted - living?)
                          Thomas Gordon Rubidge. b. 16 Jul 1919, d. 30 Jan 1989 San Bernardino, CA. Esso service station in 1955. Addr: 63 Albright Ave, Alderwood (1947), 221 Islington Ave. (1955). Moved to California. Son: (deleted - living?).
                          Beaumont Charles Rubidge. b. 15 [Aug] [Sep] 1923, d. 5 Sep 1988. Flight mechanic during WW II, moved to Windsor, became a tool engineer, in 1965 started working in Warren, Michigan. Addr: 63 Albright Ave, Alderwood (1947). Children: (deleted - living?).
                          Last edited by Richard in Perth; 25-08-09, 00:59.

Comment

Thank you for Canadian lookup

I have been away and come back to a wealth of information
                            Thank you all very much

Comment

Working...
                            X