Hotmail - help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotmail - help please

I am trying to help a friend who lives miles away from me to sort her Hotmail. I do not have Hotmail and wonder if anyone understands the following message that she has sent me.

Here is a simple problem that no one seems to be able to solve:- When I have a new contact and want to create a file. On hotmail I go to Contacts then add all the relavent info eg name, address, email etc and then at the end I save it. When an email comes in from a particular person I highlight it and then click the Move to Button. A list of files should come up with the one I've just made but no nothing happens. I've tried opening one for myself and moving stuff to it but there is no file. Can anyone help please? Maybe there is some other way I could do it- it is most frustrating as it has been ok for years.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Nudge.

Hi Margaret, I've never used Hotmail myself so don't really know. Maybe someone else can help.

Comment

Do you mean using hotmail online or in windows live, express etc. on your computer.

I don't usually use hotmail online but have just tried it. When I get my inbox up I have a list of the mail folders on my left. Underneath there is Manage Folders. Click on that and you get a table showing your folders. Above this table there is the options to add a new folder rename a folder or delete a folder. Click New then you can enter the new folder name then press the return(enter) key on your keyboard. This then goes back to the table of folders and your new one will be added. If you now go back to your inbox the folder will be with your list of folders on your left. You can now drag and drop the email into the relevent folder.

By the way I am using windows live.

Linda
      LindaG

Comment

Hi John, Thank you for the Nudge! Like you I have never used Hotmail but with the help of Linda together with the help of someone on Computer Active I feel that I am thinking along the right lines for my friend. It is two questions really and I will send her the replies and give her a call tonight.

Great Help, will miss the site over the weekend so will have to go sailing for a change.
        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Linda,

Thank you for your help, problem all sorted. Will leave this thread on for a few days but may delete it as it was finely tuned to my friends problem. If you would like me to leave it for others let me know.
          Margaret N

Comment

Working...
          X