Tracing Edward Clifford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracing Edward Clifford

I've found someone who I believe to be my gggg grandfather, Edward Clifford on the 1841 census in Glasgow but I can't seem to trace him from there onwards. I've searched for his death and him on later census' but I can't seem to find him. He's on his son's marraige certificate from 1858 and is listed as deceased so he died at somepoint between 1841 and 1858. (Think he was born 1800/01)

If anyone could do a quick search and see if they can spot anywhere him then that would be a fantastic help!

Originally posted by Cheryl94 View Post
    I've found someone who I believe to be my gggg grandfather, Edward Clifford on the 1841 census in Glasgow but I can't seem to trace him from there onwards. I've searched for his death and him on later census' but I can't seem to find him. He's on his son's marraige certificate from 1858 and is listed as deceased so he died at somepoint between 1841 and 1858. (Think he was born 1800/01)

If anyone could do a quick search and see if they can spot anywhere him then that would be a fantastic help!
    What's his year of birth and where was he born? What was his occupation on the marriage cert?
    Margaret

Comment

Date of Birth: Between 1796 - 1801
      Spouse: Bridget Clifford (Trainer)
      Born in Ireland

Comment

Can't see anything on the 1851 for Edward or Bridget. Have you looked on the deaths on Scotlandspeople?
        Margaret

Comment

Yeah but I can't find anything before 1858, they're all after.

Comment

Thanks for having a look, I'm finding it extremely hard to find anything out about this man. I did found a man Named Edward Clifford living in my families area born 1826 in Ireland who very well could be the son of Edward Clifford born 1800 odd, there really isn't any way to tell until I can find definite records.

Comment

I'm finding this increasingly difficult, I've hit a brick wall :/

I found a census for an Edward Clifford in 1841, age 40 living in tenement blocks in galsgow with an Armstrong and various "other" independent men but not his wife or Children. I'm not sure if this is him or not but the dates do work out. I'm thinking that this may possibly have been him coming to Scotland from Ireland to find work and make way to bring his wife and children over from Ireland, then again I could be totally going down the wrong path.

Comment

Is it possible he returned to Ireland at some point and died there.

Comment

He could have I suppose, he must have died between 1841 and 1851. He's dead by 1858 but on the 1851 Census his son is living as a lodger with strangers aged 19, this seems a bit strange so perhaps both his parents were dead by then. He obviously brought his family over to Scotland at some point as from then on the family has remained in Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                  X