Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Lookup Manser Stradbroke Suffolk

Hi
    Could some please a birth lookup for Edward Manser b 13 Nov 1841 Stradbroke Suffolk, would like to know who his parents were. Thankyou

Barbara

this is the cert ref:

Births Dec 1841
    Manser, Edward- district: Hoxne. vol:13, page: 416

stradbroke is under hoxne district. may i ask how you know where and when he was born, but no parents names?

Comment

Theres a thread on Rootschat about this.

Edward MANSER - Stradbroke Family History Local History

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
        this is the cert ref:

Births Dec 1841
        Manser, Edward- district: Hoxne. vol:13, page: 416

stradbroke is under hoxne district. may i ask how you know where and when he was born, but no parents names?
        Hi Kyle,

Thankyou for the info,I got the info from the South Australian B I, we had a different date in the family bible, I did send away for his birth certificate,but it said his mothers name was Emma Oxx, but in the family bible it says Harriot we did not know her surname, so I sent away for his brother Walter's birth certificate(Walter also died in 1846 in Bromley Kent where the family were living) it had on his certificate Father Edward Manser mother Harriot Avery, Edwards occupation Shoemaker Residence Bromley Kent.Father and mother died in 1847 She is buried in Bromley Kent. I have been looking for this father Edward and son Edward for ages, and have conflicting info.
        Some records in Kent seem a possiblity and yet family stories about this family
        and the Bible do not add up, I have tried lookups in Sussex also, where the rest of Edward the father's family were. I do know that the father is Buried in Arlington Sussex. Where is the district of Hoxne ?
        Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by SuffolkSue View Post
          Theres a thread on Rootschat about this.

Edward MANSER - Stradbroke Family History Local History
          This lookup is also me as I have tried lookups everywhere. Hoping I will get the proof I need to know which Edward is our's.
          Barbara

Comment

Hi Barbara
            I think the ones you found in Tenterden workhouse are the right family. Just a pity that no occupations were given. I think I may have found Edward in 1851 in a workhouse school in Sussex. Transcribed as Edward Maner age 11 an orphan born Arlington Sussex. Ref HO 107/1638/220/26
            Moggie

Comment

Hi Barbara
              Possible birth reg for Edward although it doesn't fit with him being born in Arlington Sussex.

Edward Mancer 1840 Oct/Nov/Dec District Tenterden Kent Vol 5 Page 417

Moggie

Comment

Try making contact with the person in this Suffolk site that is researching the same family:

MANSER : Stradbroke : 1818-1847

Suffolk Surname List - Surnames M - ME
                Joy

Comment

Joy,

That's Barbara too.
                  Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                    Joy,

That's Barbara too.

Oops :o
                    Joy

Comment

Barbara,

If the lookup hasn't been done, add it to my Suffolk RO Lookup thread.
                      Glen

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                        Hi Barbara
                        I think the ones you found in Tenterden workhouse are the right family. Just a pity that no occupations were given. I think I may have found Edward in 1851 in a workhouse school in Sussex. Transcribed as Edward Maner age 11 an orphan born Arlington Sussex. Ref HO 107/1638/220/26
                        Moggie
                        Hi Moggie,
                        :D
                        This is fantastic, I had not been able to find him or his brother William where they were in England after 1847 to 1855 when they migrated to Australia it says Edwards age was 14yrs on the "Oriental", I wonder where his brother was. So are you saying the birthdate in Hoxne is the correct one as well as the Tenterden workhouse record. I should have tried out more spelling options for Manser. Where would I find births in Arlington Sussex, or should I send away via Gro website for another birth certificate?

Barbara

Comment

im confused, the birth we found in hoxne district, with the mother called emma oxx, what was the fathers name and occupation on that cert?

Comment

Hi Barbara
                            Possible birth reg for Edward although it doesn't fit with him being born in Arlington Sussex.

Moggie
                            Hi Moggie,

Now you can see why Im confused about who Im getting the certificate for, and Im getting everyone else by the looks, as bad as myself:D:D:D:

Comment

Hi Barbara

Moggie
                              Hi Moggie,

I forgot to mention on the "Oriental" in 1855 it says birth place for William and Edward is Sussex.

Barbara

Comment

I forgot to mention on the "Oriental" in 1855 it says birth place for William and Edward is Sussex.

Hi Barbara
                                Does it say that Edward & William were brothers, they could have been cousins? Is William listed in the bible as a son of Edward & Harriet?
                                It does seem a coincidence that the Edward Maner from the 1851 census gave his birthplace as Arlington, the same place you said Edward (the father) was buried. Personally I would get the 1840 birth cert even though he was registered in Kent & see if it's the right one.
                                Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                                  im confused, the birth we found in hoxne district, with the mother called emma oxx, what was the fathers name and occupation on that cert?
                                  Hi Kyle
                                  Fathers name Edward Manser occupation Shoemaker, residence Bromley Kent.
                                  Barbara

Comment

Hi Barbara
                                    Does it say that Edward & William were brothers, they could have been cousins? Is William listed in the bible as a son of Edward & Harriet?
                                    It does seem a coincidence that the Edward Maner from the 1851 census gave his birthplace as Arlington, the same place you said Edward (the father) was buried. Personally I would get the 1840 birth cert even though he was registered in Kent & see if it's the right one.
                                    Moggie
                                    Hi Moggie,
                                    Yes according to the Bible this is the info we have of their children.
                                    Edward b 25 Sep 1840
                                    William b 10 Jul 1844
                                    Walter b 29 Aug 1846 died in Bromley Kent 10 Oct 1846 aged 6 weeks.

I am considering getting the birth certificate for Edward on our record it has him born in Stradbroke Suffolk,I just can't understand why South Australian B I has the other date.

Barbara:(

Comment

Hi Barbara
                                      So this must be the birth reg of William
                                      Sep 1844 William Mancer, Bromley Vol 5 Page 50
                                      He must be somewhere in 1851. I will have another look & see if I can find him.
                                      Moggie

Comment

There were 2 deaths for Edward Mansers in the Hoxne district.
                                        Edward Wilson Manser in 1843 &
                                        Edward Manser in 1846.
                                        The first one possibly the father as an Edward Manser married a Sarah Wilson in 1804.
                                        Is it possible that someone in the family in Australia employed a researcher to trace the family & that person made the mistake about father & son being born in Suffolk & the Sth Australian B I info is correct.
                                        Moggie

Comment

Working...
                                        X