findmypast look up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• findmypast look up

As the name I am researching is very rare in this country, I was intrigued to see that on findmypast on the 1861 census there was a listing for a John and Rebecca Quanstrom. As i only have Ancestry, could someone have a quick look at the transcripts, if only to prove that the surname is correct.

Thanks Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

You'll find them here on Ancestry under Quinton

RG9; Piece: 1226; Folio: 23; Page: 40 = Thorpe, NOrfolk

image looks like Quinton.

Comment

Thanks Sue, that's one to cross off the list then.

Linda
      Linda

Comment

Originally posted by SuffolkSue View Post
        You'll find them here on Ancestry under Quinton

RG9; Piece: 1226; Folio: 23; Page: 40 = Thorpe, NOrfolk

image looks like Quinton.
        I agree that the image looks like Quinton. He was b Norwich, and she was b Wymondham (which is pronounced Windam).

Before writing them off, it's worth considering that the Norfolk accent is inclined to abbreviate/simplify names. Quinton would be a lot easier to say than Quanstrom... tho' that would be quite a radical change.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

As far as we are aware, there is only one Quanstrom family in England, and are all descended from a Swedish immigrant in the late 1800s. I know there are quite a few in the US, and sometimes the name crops up randomly, but there doesn't seem to be another established family. Although, if anyone knows differently, please do let me know, cos I'd love to meet someone else with the name!

Linda
          Linda

Comment

Working...
          X