FTM 2005 wont backup to CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2005 wont backup to CD

Can anyone please help. I have tried and tried to backup to CD but get an error message each time. I've tried to debug and send report to Microsoft but without success.

Has anyone else had this problem? I need to backup the information I have on one of my files so that I can give it to my friend for her computer. She too has FTM 2005.

Would welcome your comments and help. Thank you.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

It may be the sort of CD you are using. I am not sure which one it doesn't always like - whether its a CD-R or CD-RW.

One way of doing it is to back up your file to the desktop. If you can successfully do this it will show that it's not a problem with FTM but more likely to be a problem with the type of CD you are using. If you get the file saved to your desktop you should be able to burn it to either type of CD from there.
    Elaine

Comment

Many thanks Elaine. Its a CD-R. But I shall have a go saving a backup to desktop. Never thought about that. Will let you know how I get on.

Kind regards - Linda
      Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

I found if you try to backup after putting information in FTM2005 it doesn't want to backup. But if you go in and then backup without altering anything it backs up?????

Comment

Good Morning,

Just to let you know that the trick of backing up to the desktop and then burning a CD worked a treat. Thank you so much Elaine.

Good tip that one.
          Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Working...
          X