1911 Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census

Is there any kind soul with access to the 1911 census who could look up someone for me please?

The family is MILLER - Enos and Elizabeth and their children, living in Portsmouth, Hants. Their children's names are Albert, Charles, Edith, Frederick and Lottie. I am trying to discover if Frederick was still there as I believe he died as a child but I can't find his death on the IGI or BMD!

I'd be really grateful for any help at all.

Many, many thanks in advance!
    Chris

I don't have any credits left, and the index would only give individual names and if they were in Portsmouth, they wouldn't indicate if the people were at the same address.

What was Frederick's dob? I can see if there was someone the right age in Portsmouth.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi Chris

The 1911 is still pay per view so if you want to look at the images or transcriptions you would have to use credits.

However if you search for Enos Miller there is only one (b 1867 and living in Portsmouth)

If you then search again and this time on advanced search put Enos Miller in the "Search other members of the household" and Miller in the top surname box you get all the other Millers who are living with Enos.

They are Elizabeth b 1868, Edith b 1896, Frederick b 1897 and Lottie b 1899

Hope that helps
      Jackie

Comment

Hang on, there is only one Enos Miller in Portsmouth in the index. I then searched for names starting with Fred* with Enos Miller in same household and found a Frederick Miller age 14. This gives birthyear of 1897, and I've found with my rellies that they are all a year out in 1911. Is this your chap?
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Without using credits, have found a possible family living in Portsmouth

MILLER EDITH c 1896
          MILLER ELIZABETH c 1868
          MILLER FREDERICK c 1897
          MILLER LOTTIE c 1899
          MILLER ENOS c 1867
          Elaine

Comment

What stars you are!!! Thank you very much.

This is indeed the family (Enos seemed to be the only one in Portsmouth - which helps with a common surname like Miller!)

Family stories have it that 'poor Fred' died as a baby - but obviously he didn't!

Thank you very much for your time and help.
            Chris

Comment

Working...
            X