Stopping printer harf way through printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping printer harf way through printing

stopped the printer as it was printing a lot of info I diden't want but what happens when i go to print again I seem to remember it messed things up so any help wil be very much appreciated.

Bella

Have you told the printer to cancel all documents in it's printing list? The list should be empty.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Open the printer Icon at the bottom of the screen..this will then show a box with details of what still has not been printed...right click on what has not been printed and up will pop a box giving you options... one is to cancel all printing.... do this and it will cancel the unwanted info
      must have taken me 10 minutes to answer...much too slow

Comment

Not yet Wendy but thanks .
        Colin just been having a look I don't seem to have any icons on the bottom right is that normal I have then on my other computer but that one isent conected to the printer what are your thought on that thank you for any help

Bella

Comment

sorry for the delay in sending a reply

Bella

Comment

Its me again found the icons bottom left I closed my home page and they were on i think you call it desktop (not sure about that) put the printer on but no icon for printer before it was on or of hope the makes sence.

Bella have to go now will look in late still

Comment

Checking for outstanding printer jobs

To reset your printer, and clear any work outstanding, you need to check to see if there is anything still stored.

You don't say which system you are using, but this is how it is for Windows XP.
              Go into start, control panel, printers and faxes.
              Double click on the icon you have for your printer.

If there is any work/jobs still showing, you need to highlight them, and then delete. You do this by selecting the document option and then cancel.

Make sure your printer is powered on when you do this.

Comment

hello ,Wincot Kid I am using Vista will it be the same going to have a look any just to see.

Comment

Just had a look cannot seem to find any thing but it haden't finished printing so will try again and see what happens have to go now back in the morning.

Bella

Comment

printer halted

It may be that by stopping the print halfway through, the printer still thinks there is a print job waiting to be done. You may also not see anything on your computer, as it thinks the print job has been queued and finished.

Most printers have some memory built in to them, so you may need to clear that out in order to get it to work properly.

What sort of printer do you have? Make and model would be useful information.

Comment

Back to have a look in my printer is a HP PhotosmartC5180 All-in-One printer scanner and copier def back in the morning thank

Bella

Comment

Once you have cleared any jobs to print from the printer properties best to switch off the printer for a few seconds before you try to print anything again.

Linda
                        LindaG

Comment

Posting a link to the HP website for your model of printer.

There may be something there to helps you to fix the problem, or tell you which buttons to press to cure any error messages that still keep coming up.

HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-One Printer

Comment

I would like to thank everyone for all your help it is sorted now panic over .

Bella

Comment

Next time if you know there is a large Document to be printed but do not want to print all, for instance if you are printing a page from FREEBMD they are normally two pages and you really only want the first page.

Right click on the page, select Print preview, when the page appears, Top Left corner click on printer symbol, at next page, go to page and click on, in box next to it (1) it says how many pages, if you want more, enter the number of pages to be printed, you can of course print a number of pages 1 to 12 and only print 6-8 of them by putting 6-8 in the number box.

It sounds a lot but only takes a few seconds to do.
                              Last edited by James; 24-08-09, 17:36.

Comment

Thanks James and everyone again for you help and info.

Bella

Comment

Working...
                                X