Marriage help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage help please?

Can anyone find the marriage of Edward GILBERT (b 1837 Teston,Kent) & Annie GODDEN (b c 1839 Offham,Kent),around 1858 probably in Kent. Edward & Annie had children born 1859-1878 in Maidstone,Gravesend,N. Aylesford,Northfleet & Milton.
    Thanks
    Kerri

FreeBMD has a marriage in Q/E Dec 1858 in Islington for Ann Godden Vol 1b Page 283. When you click on the page number it shows 2 brides (Ann Godden and Charlotte Henshaw) and only 1 groom (Thomas Ward).

If you look at the Ancestry images for the surname Gilbert for Q/E Dec 1858 there is an Edward Gilbert in Islington with I think the same page and vol number.

Going back to FreeBMD it looks as though they couldn't work out what the page number was
    Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie....off to order cert.
      Cheers
      Kerri

Comment

Hiya Kerrie....for your interest...on the Kent surnames list on
        https://www.freepages.genealogy.root...awson/families ..both Godden and Gilbert families are listed...there are 520 listings for Godden and alot of info on the Gilbert family....good luck in finding a connection there....allan;)
        added...for some reason this link isn`t working...I`ve checked it twice...so go to ukbmd.org.uk and scroll down until you get to KENT GENEALOGY...and click on the link there....allan
        Last edited by garstonite; 22-08-09, 09:05.
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Thanks for the headsup Allan but Im having trouble finding where you found 520 listings of Godden etc.Can you talk me through where you found info?
          Im following the GILBERT & BETTS (BATES) family of Teston.
          Thanks
          Kerri

Comment

Working...
          X