Help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed.

Can anyone decipher what this address is on a marriage cert please. It's the second bit on the first pic and then on its own on the second one.

Julie aka Royal Wattle cat ;)

“Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings.” Cheris Kramarae

32 Milton Street
    Widnes

and a start:

Hale Lane
    ...itt...

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you Christine

The first one was what I thought but I thought a second opinion would be nice. The second one was driving me mad.

Comment

It might be worth having a look at a map for the area around where the marriage took place?

Or see where she says on the census she comes from.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've found her on the 81 and 91 census where it says she was born Widnes, Lancashire. I'll check google maps, thanks again

Comment

Just googled and put in Hale Lane, Widnes. There wasn't an Hale Lane but there was a Hale Road and it comes under the area of Ditton which may just be the last bit.

Comment

Ditton is just about a possible for that last one, I'd say. Certainly, unless/until you find something better.

Christine

Comment

Is it on LancsBMD? If the information is vital you could splash out on the local RO certificate which will have different writing. (Or vice versa - get the GRO cert. if this is the local one).
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I think it is Ditton.
                  Fran

Comment

Hi UJ, the information isn't vital, not at the moment anyway but I'll bear that in mind for future reference on this and other certs.

Fran, yes it is, I had one of my idiot moments earlier I'm afraid :o I reread the rest of the cert and it stated that it was at St Michaels church in Ditton :o Never thought to check that out

Thank you to all for your help

Comment

Working...
                    X