Ann Cotton - again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann Cotton - again

In July I went to Hampshire Record Office to try and trace Ann Cotton born Soberton, with no luck. A couple of very kind people on this board checked their transcripts and confirmed that there was no trace of her being born in Soberton 1795-1804.

However, on the 1881 census, when her age is stated as 81 it also states that she was born in Ropley. I have now found and entry on IGI for Ann Cotton, b.1801 Ropley, christened 1802, daughter of William and Mary Cotton. Does anyone think that this could by my Ann Cotton?

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Have you got access to Ancestry as there is a public tree on there for Ann Hannah Cotton b.1804. Married Edmund Norgate 1823, and died Ropely 1885. Age 81

Worth a look
    Lesley

Forgot to say she was born in Soberton.Hants according to the tree owner.
    Last edited by Punchs mum; 21-08-09, 16:57. Reason: added birth place

Comment

Yes, that is the one, but I'm trying to find her parents - they are mentioned as William and Mary if she is from Ropley, but I can find no trace of her parents in Soberton. I think I need to try to look up Ropley parish records. However it will be some time before I can get back to Winchester, so I was hoping maybe someone could do a look up for me if they have the transcripts. Thanks.

Linda
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Working...
      X