Grace Lyford on the 1891?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grace Lyford on the 1891?

Can anyone spot her on this census? Born 1826 Reading, Berkshire. Her husband died in 1888 and on the 1881 they were living with their daughter Mary Ann Bunce born 1857 Reading, Berkshire and her family in St Mary, Reading, Berkshire. I have looked to see if she died but cannot see anything. She had no other name that I know of!
    Thanks for looking
    Tessie

I have a death for her in 1899 Eton, Berkshire- so it must just be a wrong spelling when transcribed. However, I still cannot find her!
    Tessie

Comment

FMP has her in 1881
      RG number:RG11
      Piece:1303
      Folio:65
      Page:22

(clicked on wring link! - but info might be useful for someone)
      Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

This family looked promising (presume there's a link?) but the Grace is a daughter, and much too young!)
        RG12; Piece: 992; Folio 116; Page 17

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

What was Grace's maiden name?

There's a "Clara Lyson" living as SiL (age 65, widow) with John DODGSON (b L'pool) and Sarah (b Reading) and family. LYSON really isn't common. There's a daughter in the family called Clara, and it's not hard to imagine an enumerator having trouble with his own script and thinking that a name shaped like Grace might actually be Clara.
          RG12; Piece: 996; Folio 17; Page 28

Christine

Comment

What was Grace's maiden name?
            I gather it was SMALLBONE. I can't see a match between Smallbone/Dodgson. Or could Sarah have been married in between?

Christine

Comment

Only likely match for Sarah & John DODGSON looks like Sarah's mmn - Wallis/Wallace.

Her (Walles) family in 1841 doesn't include a Grace - the only right-age one is a Mary.

Christine
              Last edited by Christine in Herts; 21-08-09, 12:18.

Comment

Yes it was Smallbone! I just can't seem to see her at all! I will try looking for her daughter again to see if she is with them. When I had a quick look before I went out I couldn't see them either!
                Tessie

Comment

Not with them on the 1891!!

Comment

Just had another look. Made a couple of transcription corrections on the way, but spotted nothing useful for you. I think you need to recruit Elaine ... Spain. She has an amazing knack of winkling out the hiding ones!

Christine

Comment

Working...
                    X