Confused!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused!!!!!

I have a Thomas Cotton born 1817 in St Pauls Walden who on the 1841census was living with a Sarah Cain aged 80. I was hoping to get some clue as to who his parents were. While looking for BMD's in St Paul's Walden i came across a marriage for a William Cotton born abt 1784 in St Paul's Walden and a Ann Cain, They married in 1802. I then looked to see if any of these were on other member trees on ancestry and found that that Ann cain was on 12, although some listed her birth place as Kings Walden she was married to William cotton. On several of these trees it lists the children from this marriage but Thomas isn't one of them. Could this be because he wasn't living with his parents in 1841? and could the Sarah Cain he was found on the 1841 census be his grandmother as on a few of the trees it shows a Sarah Cain born abt 1761 who was Ann's mother. All of these were born/living in St Paul's Walden which was and still is a very small parish made up of a few small villages in Hertfordshire. On Thomas Cotton's marriage entry on BMD it lists his fathers name as James Saunders and on a entry on a family tree on ancestry it lists a Thomas Cotton as being a witness to Ann Cain's marriage to William Cotton. I would send off for a birth certificate for Thomas but i can't find a birth for him on BMD.

Hi
    There's a baptism in the IGI for a Thomas Cotton on 30th JULY 1815 at Saint Pauls Walden mother Ann Cotton, no father named.
    Moggie

Comment

Thankyou, i will take a look at that. What makes the whole tree confusing is 2 of Thomas sons married 2 sisters, which turns out are from the same family as his wife's first marriage!

Comment

Originally posted by lisaburrows View Post
        Thankyou, i will take a look at that. What makes the whole tree confusing is 2 of Thomas sons married 2 sisters, which turns out are from the same family as his wife's first marriage!
        Hi Lisa
        They don't make life easy for us do they?
        Moggie

Comment

Hi Lisa
          I am wondering if you have got the right Thomas Cotton in 1841.
          Just found this one HO 107/438/24/4
          He was 25 Ag lab living in a Cain household, directly below him is a James Saunders & family.
          Moggie

Sorry I now see it is the same one, I was looking for Sarah Cain at the top of the list & see now she is 2 up from Thomas.
          Moggie
          Last edited by maudarby; 20-08-09, 16:09.

Comment

I thought you said on your other thread that your Thomas COTTON was born in Watford.
            Glen

Comment

Working...
            X