1911 census lookup request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census lookup request

I have completed all the reasearch I needed on the 1911 for my tree etc, but have been asked by a work collegue to assist him in tracing his tree.

All he knows is his grandmothres name was Alvina Poore.
    She was born just after the 1901 censis, but her name does appear on the 1911.

I have no reason to purchase a batch of credits, just for them to expire and wondeed if there are any users who have excess credits that would be willing to look up her transcript, so I can then have siblings and parents to be able to start backwards on the tree for him?

TIA
    Trev

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Trevor

Please don't think me rude, but shouldn't your work colleague pick up the tab for research into HIS family?

Perhaps you could tell him how much it costs to look at the 1911.

I emphasise, I'm not being rude to you...but maybe I'm being rude to your colleague, lol! I've been caught myself by people who think it would be great to find out about their family, at no expense or inconvenience to themselves.

OC

Comment

Hi OC

I fully appreciate your sentiments.
      Collegue is undertaking a work related project on my behalf and i was asked to start on his tree as 'payment'.

I only needed this record to start backwards, as I have ancestry for all others.

Hertford records office does not yet have 1911 access.

That is why I put out the request to any who have excess credits, as I used some of mine for another researcher who had the same type of request.

I, in no way, expect people to use up credits they still need.

Regards
      trev

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I´ll give you what I can find for free!

Probable birth registration
        Births Dec 1901
        POORE Alvina Leveridge C
        Shoreditch 1c 106

Closest I can see on the 1911 is an Alvina Poore born c1902 living in West Ham registration district.

When you do a search for anyone else with the surname Poore, living in the same house as Alvina, you get the following.

POORE EDITH c1910
        POORE MARY F c1878
        POORE MARY F c1905
        POORE NELLIE c1903
        POORE THOMAS c1909
        POORE WILLIAM c1907
        POORE WILLIAM c1875

Whether or not I am on the right line, I´ve no idea.
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          I´ll give you what I can find for free!

Probable birth registration
          Births Dec 1901
          POORE Alvina Leveridge C
          Shoreditch 1c 106

Closest I can see on the 1911 is an Alvina Poore born c1902 living in West Ham registration district.

When you do a search for anyone else with the surname Poore, living in the same house as Alvina, you get the following.

POORE EDITH c1910
          POORE MARY F c1878
          POORE MARY F c1905
          POORE NELLIE c1903
          POORE THOMAS c1909
          POORE WILLIAM c1907
          POORE WILLIAM c1875

Whether or not I am on the right line, I´ve no idea.
          Fantastic!
          Many thanks, I'll start tracking backwards now, though I expect MANY transcript errors into poole, and as this is one of my own lines' I may already have the information in my 'who were they' database.

Looks like a late night is on the cards.

Trev

Researching:

Comment

There is a marriage in 1900 Bethnal Green, for a William Henry Poore to a Mary Hibler and 4 other children born after 1911 with MMN Hibler with West Ham reg dist.
            Last edited by fiona c; 19-08-09, 19:22.
            Fiona. xx

Comment

If that is the right couple they can be found under W Henry Poore in 1901.
              Fiona. xx

Comment

Originally posted by fiona c View Post
                There is a marriage in 1900 Bethnal Green, for a William Henry Poore to a Mary Hibler and 4 other children born after 1911 with MMN Hibler with West Ham reg dist.
                Hi Fiona,

I just found the same on BMD.

Unfortuantely I cannot fine William and Mary on the 1901 census (prob transcription error), so cannot get PoB for searching previous census and there are too many possible William Poores born around 1875 to guess. So, an early night after all and my collegue will have to purchase the marriage cert for parents, so I can continue.

My thanks to Elaine and Fiona
                Trev

Researching:

Comment

1901 (as per Fiona´s post!)
                  - Ancestry.co.uk
                  RG13; Piece: 277; Folio: 10; Page: 12.
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by fiona c View Post
                    If that is the right couple they can be found under W Henry Poore in 1901.
                    ????
                    It did not come up on my list on Ancestry search. Where were they and What was PoB for him?

I do have a William H Poore on previous census, but they are in Dorset, so he could have moved to London?

Researching:

Comment

They have his birth as 1876 Bethnal Green in 1901
                      Fiona. xx

Comment

In 1901 W Henry Poore is a Cabinet Maket.

I'm likeing this one for 1881, his father is Henry and a Carpenter. Of course really you should get William Henry's marriage certificate to get his fathers name and occ.

RG11; Piece: 408; Folio: 43; Page: 5; Line: ;
                        Fiona. xx

Comment

Bear in mind that if you do decide to buy credits for the 1911 census, you can use the leftover ones on FMP, which is useful for outgoing passenger lists, death duty index, parish records and burials.

Comment

Just to thank you all and let you know I traced back to 1871 census.
                            Collegue will need to purchase the marriage cert of the head/wife, as there is some confusion that needs clarification for looking further back.

Again, many thanks
                            Trev

Researching:

Comment

Working...
                            X