More eyes for 1861 census please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More eyes for 1861 census please.

My so-many-times-great-uncle was Thomas Stinson Davenport.

He was born on the 4th September 1838 in Ashby De La Zouch, Leicestershire and was the son of John and Sarah Ann.

In 1861 his widowed father is living with Sarah Ann's mother and the rest of Thomas' siblings.

It is possible that he is in London, as this is where he married in 1867 and it has crossed my mind that he was in the missing part of the census, but thought that if someone else could have a look for me and see if I was missing anything obvious that would be great.

Many thanks,
    Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Have just realised that I asked this question last year on here but no-one could find him.

:o

Oh well, will leave it up here in case anyone has any sudden ideas. LOL

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Hi Tom,
      Have you discounted the following one -

Thomas DEVONPORT, b c 1839, Leicestershire, living as a lodger Middlesex.
      I think the occupation is bus painter
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Just found the same one - but I think the occupation is Carpenter!
        Elaine

Comment

he he - yes that is better now I look at it again.
          The C looked like B at 1st glance.
          Carpenter it is
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thanks you two. Don't think that will be him. This family were a bit higher up the social ladder! LOL

Comment

Bit of a long shot here - there is a Thomas Davenport, b England c 1834, in Midlothian Scotland, in the Artillery, wife Jane, son Patrick.
              Will keep looking

EDIT
              Sorry just re read your post and he married in 1867 so ignore this one ( unless wife died etc etc but not likely).
              Last edited by herky; 19-08-09, 20:47.
              herky

Comment

Working...
              X