deciphering census page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deciphering census page

i have a difficult census page to decipher. i have most of it, but could use some help. and if anyone could locate elizabeth after 1861, and charles and hannah on any other census, it would be really helpful! :D

1861- laindon? ponds?, laindon (langdon?) essex.
    ref- rg 9, piece 1076, folio 88, page 1

charles buckenham- ?, marr, age 62. born great oakley, essex. farmer of 236 acres, employing 5 labs? ? ? and 3 boys.
    hannah buckenham- wife, marr. b.eye, suffolk.
    elizabeth buckenham- visitor, widow. b.eye, suffolk.

thank you for any suggestions.

Sorry wrong reply.
    Last edited by JBee; 19-08-09, 09:36.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

This looks like Charles in 1841

HO107 322; Book 19; Civil Parish: Laindon; County: Essex; Enumeration District: 8; Folio: ; Page: 3; Line: 1;

at Pond Farm, Laindon, Hannahs not there though

Comment

He's here in 1851 transcribed as Charles Mickenham born Gt Ockales Essex! Mind you the writing is as bad as in 1861 - it could even be the same enumerator

- Ancestry.co.uk

HO107 piece 1774, folio 411, page 1
        Jackie

Comment

It looks as though Charles and Hannah died within 2 years of each other

Deaths Mar 1869
          Buckenham Charles 69 Billericay 4a 97

Deaths Jun 1870 -
          Buckenham Hannah 70 Billericay 4a 108

There is also a death for a Hannah Buckenham Dec 1868 age 6 Orsett 4a 89
          (Orsett is very near Laindon)
          Sue

Comment

thank you for that help. i think i already have elizabeth, so all good. there are a few buckenham's in orsett and billericay.

i believe charles is a brother of james buckenham who married elizabeth dove in langdon hills in 1834. i have to confirm it though.

Comment

Could this be Elizabeth with her daughter on the 1871 census?

RG10; Piece: 1756; Folio: 161; Page: 18; GSU roll: 830784.

Elizabeth Buckenham housekeeper widow b Ixworth Suffolk 1819 aged 51
              Anna M Buckenham daughter b Bardwell Suffolk 1859 aged 12

Joanie

Comment

If that is her she was married to a Robert Buckenham :

1861 census :
                Class: RG9; Piece: 1139; Folio: 58; Page: 1; GSU roll: 542761.

Joanie

Comment

how interesting joan. i havn't come across a robert. well, elizabeth had a son called robert, but he died young, and his father was james buckenham. i will have to check that robert out!
                  where was this robert born?

Comment

Robert was born in Middlesex London that doesn't help much does it?

They've got a son called Grimwood lol! I don't suppose you've come across that one?

Did you want all their details or do you have access to the image?

Joanie

Comment

From the IGI :

Robert Gimwood (!) Buckinham born 10 JUN 1822

Baptised: 5 JUL 1822 Saint Mary St Marylebone Road, Saint Marylebone, London, England Ftaher John Buckinham mother Mary.

That is likely to be the Robert from the census ref I gave you.

Joanie

Comment

thanx joan. there may be a connection, not sure how far back it may be. these buckenhams seem to have stayed in the essex area.

cute piglet avatar, by the way. i have one just like it. we called her hammy, after the over the hedge character.

Comment

Aw lucky you! It's not actually mine, but I liked it so much ;)

Sadly we only have one left brown & white fluffy but I love abbys they are the best!

Joanie

Comment

i love them. the current ones are left over from breeding a few years ago. their all funny colours. cute personalities but!

Comment

Ours would squeak when we opened the fridge door & put their paws up on the bars to see what we were doing lol!

Great animals so cute & good tempered

Joanie

Comment

haha. totally agree. conditioning them to the sound of plastic and equating it with lettuce didnt take long! :D

Comment

Working...
                                X