Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyds Marriage Index

I am penny pinching here....sorry.

I have a little note (written by an elusive elderly aunt) with a note about a marriage with "Boyd's M I" after it. I'm presuming Boyd's Marriage Index.

It is for one of my Ariels.

I have looked at Origins.net and there are only two Ariels there. If I pay my 7 pounds for access, does anyone know what might be on the record????

It would be for 1750s in Bristol.

Thanks.

Looking at a couple of transcripts of parts of Boyds it seems you get this sort of detail

Boyds Marriage Index 1538-1840

Boyd's Marriage Index: 1538 - 1837

Comment

Thanks Jill. Not sure it's worth getting them as I have the names and dates, just wanted parents' names or something to go back further.

I think I'll find them when they release the PRs for Mars or Venus....lol

Comment

Pallot's index is just that - an index. And any marriage before 1837 civil registration came in won't give parents' names. (English/Welsh certs only give fathers' names too, unless sometimes a mother is listed in the case of illegitimacy).

Pre-1837 certs just give names of bride & groom, which parish they were living in at the time of the marriage (not necessarily where they were born), whether they were single or widowed, and witnesses names. They might also say if either bride or groom was under 21.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks Nell...............all this lot were non-cons and had marriage licences. Some have next to no info and others have three generations. I've been spoilt between that and Australian certs.....lol

Comment

1748 / ariel wm / griffiths elz / bristol diocese gloucestershire

1742/ arrial han / davis geo / bristol diocese / gloucestershire

Comment

Thanks Sue.................it is the William Ariel / Elizabeth Griffiths one I wanted to get back further. There are a few Griffiths/ Ariel marriages and I'm blowed if I can sort them.

That other one will be mine as well I think.

Thanks again...

Comment

Working...
              X