Missing New York Passenger list??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing New York Passenger list??

I have a photocopy of an ancestry passenger list for a Samuel Chiddicks arrival date 21st July 1852 his birth 1827.
    Port of departure Liverpool, arrival port New York
    ships name St.George
    microfilm serial M237
    roll 116
    list number 995

Now frustratingly i cannot locate this on ancestry, is it likely ot have been removed or am i just not looking in the right place??

Can anybody have a quick look to see if its there for me.

thanks again
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Hi,
    Yes I get it no bother.
    Have you made a spelling error on the search as that could cause a problem?
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

although its a fairly uncommon name, for a change, the copy i have is actually spelt as chiddicks

Comment

just spotted on the top of the photocopy it says ancestrylibrary.com dont know if thats different from the normal ancestry??........I have the max edition

Comment

I have world membership of ancestry.
          Yes it is an unusual name - which is always a help on a search.
          There are only 2 listed for births and deaths and 2 entries for the census.
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Just to add that there are 2 births of Chiddicks (I didn't put in a 1st name) on Scotlands people.
            herky

Comment

just dont understand why I have the photocopy of the passenger list which was sent to me and now i cant find it on ancestry

Comment

Paul - Which Ancestry package do you have? UK Essentials, UK Premium or Worldwide? The Ancestry Library edition that your photocopy came from is the same as the Worldwide and those two are the only way that you'll get the New York Passenger Lists.
                I have Premium and when I put Samuel's name in the search it comes up as being in the Database but I'm unable to access the details - is this what you're getting?
                Sue

Comment

I thought I had worldwide????.............

Comment

Just checked again i do have worldwide access, but i cant even find him in the index??????...........what am i doing wrong?????????????

Comment

Hi Paul,
                      Here is how I got my result.
                      On the HOME page I simlpy entered the name, with "historical records" highlighted on the tab above - Samuel Chiddicks - then clicked on search, didn't enter anything else as it is an unusual name so normally best not to narrow things down too early.
                      Then I got the results with 2 census results a birth, death and a passenger list.
                      Let me know how you get on.
                      herky

Comment

Just to add that make sure the little box - bottom left - isn't ticked for UK results only.
                        I have just tried that and you get the other results but it misses out the passenger list - perhaps that is your problem.
                        herky

Comment

Originally posted by herky View Post
                          Just to add that make sure the little box - bottom left - isn't ticked for UK results only.
                          I have just tried that and you get the other results but it misses out the passenger list - perhaps that is your problem.

woo hoo..........your right its as always ME that is the problem, found it, your right its the ticking the uk box where I was going wrong.

Thank you........xx...........(hides embarrassed)............:o:o:o

Comment

Oh good news Paul.
                            I have done some very similar things - it is all too easy.
                            All the best.
                            herky

Comment

Working...
                            X