Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look up request at the LMA

Hi

May I be so bold as to ask if anyone has some spare time to perhaps do a look-up please.

If so, Im looking for an ancestor of mine, my 3 x gt grandmother Esther Wallis born circa 1797 - Im not entirely certain of her birthplace, and having sought advice on this brilliant site, was leaning towards the Shoreditch areas - but, having again looked at the parish marriage record for 1822 that I have, it says that she was of this hamlet and parish (M.E.N.T - Mile End New Town), which would have been St Dunstans, Stepney, Ive now got a feeling in my water ;) that this could be the first place to look.

If anyone is able spare any time, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance just in case.

TinaT x

A little nudge.

Comment

having again looked at the parish marriage record for 1822 that I have, it says that she was of this hamlet and parish (M.E.N.T - Mile End New Town), which would have been St Dunstans, Stepney,
      But remember that is nothing to do with where she was born, just where she was living for the period immediately before she married.

scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Hello Tina

if you click on the link below, it will take you to our wiki, where members have offered lookups for members.

London And Middlesex - Family Tree Forum

You can then click on their name and send them a PM (private message) and hopefully get some results
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for the tip Scuda - Im aware that this maynot be where Esther was born, but it was a suggestion that was put to me that it is worth looking at the parish in where she married - fingers crossed!!

Julie thank you for the link, I'll look into that.

Apologies If I posted this in the wrong area, please bear with me

TinaT x

Comment

you are doing just fine Tina

it is a bit daunting at first, but once you get used to it, you'll be whizzing around the boards before you know it
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
            X