Emails blind copied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails blind copied

I get emails blind copied and the person who sends them wants me to blind copy if I send them on to anyone else can anyone help thank you in advance

Bella

When you write an e-mail, there should be a box that says "Bcc" somewhere under the box that you put in the persons address. Put all the e-mail addresses in there seperated by a semicolon.

Some more info here.

Last edited by WendyPusey; 17-08-09, 14:32.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thank you Wendy found it Ok.

Bella

Comment

Bella,

The idea of a 'Blind Carbon Copy' is to protect other peoples email addresses. I ask people to do this as I do not think that it is correct to publish all your friends and contacts email address. I am fussy who knows my email addresses and don't give them out to all and sundry just because they ask for your email address.

Have you noticed that some emails you receive take hours of looking at a list of email addresses where a joke or similar has been all round the world.

I press my friends and contacts to either use Bcc or Create a new email and Copy and Paste the content (without other addresses ) into it and send it to me only. It works the same way as X~phone directory. I never pass on anyones email address however well I know them without first asking there permission.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

wish a couple of my friends would realise that ,it makes me so mad to get an email with a million other email addresses on it ??? well a few anyway

Comment

yes I am now using the bcc best idea thanks

Bella

Comment

Thanks for this useful link.
              I've put it my Fav's.
              I always wondered if you could do this.
              Edi.

Comment

Working...
              X