help with marriage info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with marriage info

Can anyone help with info on a marriage for Thomas Cotton and Mary Ann Wells. Thomas was born in 1816 in Watford, Hertfordshire but may have married in St Paul's Walden.

Lisa, do you have Ancestry. I have found a family tree on there that has Thomas Cotton marrying Mary Ann Wells on 11 Oct 1846 at Walden, Herts.
    Teresa...

Comment

I aslo found a marriage on Ancestry with a mistranscription

England & Wales Marriages, 1538-1940

Marriage & Divorce

Name: Mary Ansell
      [Mary Wells]
      Spouse: Thomas Cotton
      Father: William Wells
      Marriage: 11 Oct 1846 - Walden, Hertfordshire, England

bubblebelle
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

It appears that Mary Ann was first married to William Ansell in 1939 so Thomas was her second husband.
        Teresa...

Comment

I think William ANSELL & Mary were alive & well in 1851 & living in Sawbrigeworth.

Mary WELLS married 1) James ANSELL in 1840 in Luton. James died & Mary married 2) Thomas COTTON in 1846. However this Thomas was born in St Pauls Walden so cannot be yours. Have you found yours in the Census? Thomas of St Pauls is the only one I can find.
          Glen

Comment

Oh dear, well this person on Ancestry has mada a right muck up of their family tree then.
            Teresa...

Comment

Thomas and Mary cotton are living in St Pauls Walden in 1851. This is in Herts. They have a 11 yr old son, George Ansell living with them so this must have been Mary's second marriage.
              Teresa...

Comment

Yes, George was the son of James ANSELL & Mary WELLS.
                Glen

Comment

Working...
                X