2009 Report generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Report generator

2009 has a large number of reports to choose from, however, one appears to be missing from the line-up.
    Whilst they have "Extended Family Chart", which is fine, it produces a printout, which in my case is far too wide to want to use.
    Is there a way of changing the report to work vertically, instead of horizontally?

I had such a bottom-up report on a 'free-be' I had years ago ... is there a way of producing one from 2009 please?

Firstly, welcome to Family Tree Forum.

I presume you are talking about Family Tree Maker 2009.
    I am not sure what you mean by the "Extended Family Chart" as I cannot see a report/chart of that name on FTM. Can you explain which FTM report you are referring to?
    Elaine

Comment

That's strange - I can see a reference to an Extended Family Chart on the FTM helpline, but it is not showing on my version of FTM2009!
      Elaine

Comment

Have just checked for updates to my software and now have an Extended Family Chart.

I think they are working towards an All-in-One chart, which was sadly missing from the FTM new format - but they haven't quite got there yet! I am sure this chart would certainly be too wide for most people's requirements. I have read somewhere that an All-in-One chart is definitely in the pipe line - but again that will work from the bottom of the page upwards - not horizontally across the page.
        Elaine

Comment

Elaine.

Many thanks for your replies.

I hadn't realised that the wide report was a new report for all 2009 users!

You are correct about the width problem, mine went into 20 pages, whereas, on the verticle one from my previous package, it all went on 4 high x 2 wide landscape paper ..... much more manageable ...and it didn't have annoying breaks where the tree had to be split and offshoots printed elsewhere .. as the 2009 report does.

The one good thing about the 2009 offering is that each horizortal layer tends to be in its own generation ... does that make sense?

I see there is a 'plugin' option in 2009 .... do you know of a verticle print plugin? (I see that the proper name for such a report is 'All in one")

Again, many thanks for taking the time to answer.

Comment

No idea about the plugin I am afraid.

Just found the following on one of the FTM sites -

Extended Family Chart.
            This chart is bound to become a favorite because of its ability to display every individual in your tree—or just the people you select. Each generation appears on its own horizontal row, making it easy to quickly tell where people fall within your tree. Note: This is not a replacement for the All-in-One chart; the All-in-One will be added in a future release.

So the All-in-One may appear at some time in the future - possibly in FTM 2010 which is due to be released very soon - although there is no mention of it in their overview.
            Family Tree Maker 2010 by Ancestry.com - Overview
            Elaine

Comment

I wasn't aware that the new chart was customisable .. (leaving out unwanted names) ... I will look into this.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X