can anyone find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone find?

I am looking for two marriages for JONATHON FEASEY.
    The first would be about 1861/2 (the first child was born 1863) on census entries his first wife was MARY A, there is a brother in law living with them whos surname is LESTER, but i can find no record.

The second marriage is to CAROLINE MUNDAY and this i think would be after Mary died in 1892.

i know it is possible that he never married either of these women, but would like to be sure.

Thanks in advance
    Marie
    My avatar is my GGGF JJJW Hummerston
    Researching HUMMERSTON in LONDON...DAVIES in MONMOUTH....SHIRLOW/SHERLOW and MILLAR in BELFAST....MILLAR and MCGRATH in ADELAIDE SA

There's a marriage in Lambeth Mar 1865 for Jonathan Feasey to Mary Ann Forder 1b, page 446. Could that be the one?

Comment

Jonathan Feasey to Caroline Mundy June 1893 Paddington 1a, page 84

Comment

Thank you Margaret
        where did you find them? i have been looking for weeks!!!!
        Researching HUMMERSTON in LONDON...DAVIES in MONMOUTH....SHIRLOW/SHERLOW and MILLAR in BELFAST....MILLAR and MCGRATH in ADELAIDE SA

Comment

not sure about the first one as they lived in Long Crendon Buckinghamshire until the 1870's
          but the second one is correct
          Thanks again
          Marie

Comment

Originally posted by mariescott64 View Post
            Thank you Margaret
            where did you find them? i have been looking for weeks!!!!
            They're on the ancestry BMD index.
            I'll have another look for the earlier one.
            Margaret

Comment

Can you give the census reference where you saw Jonathan and Mary Ann?
              Margaret

Comment

Found the census record for them but haven't been able to find Fred Lester in 1861 to see if he really is Mary Ann's brother. Can't see anything else for Jonathan, perhaps if the marriage was after the first child they went elsewhere to marry in secret?
                Margaret

Comment

I couldnt find Fred Lester either.
                  The first three Feasey children were all born in Long Crendon 1863 - 65 - and 1871 the next child was born in Kensington in 1874 which is when i had presumed they moved there.
                  Maybe Mary Ann was from London and they did marry there

Comment

With such an unusual name, one feels that the marriage of Jonathan FEASEY and Mary TURNER, 10 JUL 1875, Olney, Bucks, (IGI M014693) might figure in the tree somewhere.

Maybe even Jonathan FEAZEY and Mary Ann SLATYER, 14 AUG 1831,Sherington, Bucks (IGI batch M073652).

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine
                      they may well figure in my tree somewhere, but even given that it is an unusual name, there are literally thousands of them and i am still working on my own little branch, but i will keep note, you never know i may fit them in someday.

thanks
                      Marie

Comment

There is a marriage in Q/E Dec 1862 in Thame that's a possible Vol 3a Page 914

Mary Ann Edwards
                        John Martin
                        Jonathan Neasey

There are only 3 names on the page so I don't know who the missing bride is.

I can't see an obvious Jonathon Neasey in the census so his surname may have been mistranscribed before it got to the GRO
                        Jackie

Comment

Think Fred Lester is down as Jester in 1861, parents Thomas and Harriet.

RG9 Piece 886, Folio 156, Page 5
                          Fiona. xx

Comment

And in 1851 the family are transcribed as Sester. Mary Ann is with them.

HO107 Piece 1726, Folio 322, Page 19

Not finding a marriage, one of the childrens birth certificate would confirm if Mary was Lester or not.
                            Last edited by fiona c; 17-08-09, 05:11.
                            Fiona. xx

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                              There is a marriage in Q/E Dec 1862 in Thame that's a possible Vol 3a Page 914

Mary Ann Edwards
                              John Martin
                              Jonathan Neasey

There are only 3 names on the page so I don't know who the missing bride is.

I can't see an obvious Jonathon Neasey in the census so his surname may have been mistranscribed before it got to the GRO
                              There's a Martha ARNOTT squeezed in as 3a 914a just above a Mary ARNOTT on 3a 933 in that Quarter.

Christine
                              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

i agree with fiona. a child's bc would help tremendously.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input.

I have sent for birth cert of Beatrice my GGM, and will keep you informed as to her mothers maiden name, which hopefully will lead to their marriage

Marie

Comment

UPDATE

have recieved birth cert for Beatrice and her mother is indeed Mary Ann Lester, unfortunately i can still find no record of their marriage, but will keep looking.

Thanks for all your help

Marie

Comment

Does it name the father or is it blank?
                                      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

The father is Jonathon Feasey which i already knew, but am having trouble finding their marriage.

Comment

Working...
                                        X