anyone got time to work this out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone got time to work this out?

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 2523; Folio 41; Page 27; GSU roll: 6097633

1891 Cenus; Mary Lewin b1816 Syston, Leics

I think Walter is the son of Mary's dau Eliza.

When you take a look at the census info you'll see why I'm a bit confused !!

Thanks for any help you are able to give.

(will be offline for a while as OH needs to use computer - hopefully back on again very soon)
    Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 16-08-09, 09:57.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Do you mean that it appears as if Walter is the son? I think there are very small ditto marks before the word "son" that are hard to see.
    or
    do you mean that Harriet is listed as a grandson? If Harriett is a grandson than I think the gender is correct bearing in mind that he/she is bricklayer (although women did all sorts of jobs years ago so can't rule that out,) In which case there may be an error in the name or perhaps he was called Harriet - stranger things have happened.
    There is a Harriet Lewin b 1864 in Haslingden.
    mmm - not sure - will need to think some more - I think I am confused
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I see what you mean but I think Walter is Marys Grandson but not the son of Harriet or Rachel as they are probably too young.

Will have a look at the previous census and see where Walter is
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I have had a look at the other census and in 1881 he is with Eliza Head unmarried with 3 other children all stated as hers.

1871 Eliza is with Thomas and Mary (on your 1891 census) who are her parents and her eldest daughter Dinah.

That has solved who Walter is, do you still want to know about the other people are.

Eliza has a daughter Rachel with her in 1881 but the age is a bit different. See what you think as it says G daughter in law!!
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Hi Herky and Lin ... thanks for helping with 1891 mystery ...

Harriett - I'm confused as listed as grandson, occ: bricklayer, but age 27 is in female column?? listed as married - who to?

Rachel - listed as gran dau in law, so presume she's married to one of Mary's grandsons

Walter - is Mary's grandson / son of Eliza (as 1881 census RG 11 Piece 3155 folio 5 pg 3)
          Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Working...
          X