Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing email addy on membership sites

Hello, thanks for looking.

I am about to change ISP and although the last time I did that the provider let me keep my email addy as a webmail service I don't know if that will happen this time.

So I have made a list of all the membership sites I can think of and I am just about to change them all to my old but still working webmail address. (I don't yet know if I will get a new email with the new provider or if just the a/c holder gets one)

My question is, is there a way to check my list somehow - will my pc tell me which sites I am a member of somehow, please? I don't want to get locked out of forgotten sites!

Thank you.

Jen xx
    "I try to take one day at a time but sometimes lots of days attack me at once"

;)

Jen - are you using Firefox?
    If so you may be able to view passwords and usernames you have set up for some sites.
    Go to TOOLS / OPTIONS
    On the SECURITY tab, click on SAVED PASSWORDS, then select SHOW PASSWORDS

The list might help you remember a few of the sites you have registered with, providing of course you have told your computer to 'remember passwords' when you sign in!
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine - I had quite a lot in there so that has saved me some time chasing up usernames etc.

Much appreciated.

Jen xx

;)

Comment

:D Just spent nearly two hours changing addys.

Had a couple of problems which hopefully someone will help with, please.

Ancestral Villages - don't seem to be able to change addy at all.

London Gazette - I registered with a mistake (missing letter) in my email address and so don't know what to try - changes need confirming by email and my misspelled addy doesn't exist!

Gro.gov - I think I will have to start from scratch on this one; changes don't seem to be allowed.

British Library - doesn't seem to need a password now (but I have one noted down? Was that before the site changed?)

Any ideas please? Sorry if I have missed something obvious and thanks for looking..

Jen xx

;)

Comment

GRO.gov you have to just register under your new email addy. The old one expires after a certain amount of time not beng used I think.
          Barbara

Comment

Thanks Barbara; think I will go and slog through that one.

And although it was top of my list I forgot FTF! :o

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Working...
            X