New cemetery database Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cemetery database Australia

The Moreton Bay Council has just released 22,000 burial records online.

Moreton bay is just north and east of Brisbane...............but usually taken as part of Brisbane.

The link is here...

Cemeteries | Moreton Bay Regional Council

I have no idea how to put it on the Wiki, so hopefully someone brighter than me will do it.....

Thanks Libby - have added it to the Queensland section of the Australia page
    Australia - Family Tree Forum
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine.

Comment

Ooh, I think I might have found one of mine, but it doesn't give his age, so I can't be sure. The death was in early 2008 - do you know if there's a Qld newspaper with online obits, Libby?

Comment

Mary...............it could be in one of the small weekly papers or the major Qld daily.

PM the details if you like and I'll scout around. I can't find archives in The Courier Mail, but often the closest library will have the back copies of local rags...

Comment

Thanks, Libby, I'll PM you. I've now found it in the Ryerson Index, which confirms it's the right person, but there isn't a volunteer to look up the complete obit.

Comment

Just discovered that a lot of Queensland death notices are transcribed here, in case it helps anyone else:

RootsWeb: Genealogy Mailing Lists: Australia : AUS-NEWSPAPER-EXTRACTS

Comment

Working...
              X