Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islington Remembrance Project

Hi Everyone

I am conducting some research for the London Borough of Islington’s Heritage Services Department for the Borough’s proposed on-line Book of Remembrance. This will have the names and as much detail as possible about every individual born or who lived in the Borough, civilian and servicemen/women, who lost their lives as a result of warfare during the 20th century. To date we have compiled details for 10,000 individuals as well as many thousands of their close relatives (as next-of-kin, parents, spouses and siblings). The modern Borough of Islington comprises districts such as Islington itself, Finsbury, Canonbury, Barnsbury, Highbury, St. Luke’s, Clerkenwell, Holloway and parts of Highgate, Tufnell Park and Finsbury Park.

If you believe you have information about a family member who came from what is now Islington or who lived there at the time of their death, through conflict (Second Boer War, WW1, WW2 or any other 20th century conflict, civilian or military), I would be most grateful to hear from you. Our aim is to try to embellish the biographies of each person with additional detail – especially media such as images. Reminiscences would also be extremely welcome. The aim is for the Book of Remembrance to go live later this year.

Thank you very much in anticipation. Of course, I would, be more than happy to share the information I have gleaned from a number of sources, including Islington’s own archive.

Thank you

Best wishes

John Shepherd
    Project Manager
    Islington Remembrance Project
Working...
X