Looking for Prowse Ancesters in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Prowse Ancesters in Canada

I am new to the site. I have found a great uncle in Saanich Canada. He was Frederick Prowse born 1878 in Chudleigh Devon England the son of Emanuel Prowse and Adela Wills. We think his wife was Mary Ann. We know Frederick died Feb 1960, and Mary Ann died Aug.1967. We do not know if they had children and hope someone will be able to help me.

Thanks Mayhem

Do you know when or where Frederick married Mary Ann? I can't find a marriage for them on the BC vital indexes site. Not sure if you've looked there but here's a link to births for BC; it only goes to 1903.
    BC Archives Search Results

If you don't have their death certificates, I can look up the information for you at the local library - perhaps one of his children reported his or Mary Ann's death. There are also some marriages which can be checked, but none on Vancouver Island.
    Jenny

Comment

Hi Jenny . We know very little about Frederick. He went to Canada in the late 40's.The last address was 738 Humbolt St. Street. Victoria B.C. The family lost touch. I have recently found out he died in Saanich but, have no death certificates, in fact nothing at all.
      He was my grandfathers brother, and we would love to know if we have relations we know nothing about.

Regards

mayhem

Comment

It looks as if he came to Canada quite late in life. I can certainly look up both death certs for you but it probably won't be until the end of this week or next weekend. I'd go today but my local library is closed on Sundays in the summer. I'll send you a pm with the results.
        Jenny

Comment

Thank you for offering to do that for me. I am not a hundred percent sure that Mary Ann was his wife.
          Look forward to hearing from you.
          Regards

mayhem

Comment

I've checked the records and will send you a PM. Mary Ann wasn't his wife - apparently, he never married.
            Jenny

Comment

Frederick George Prowse

Hi Jenny

Thank you so much for the information sent. The family now know what happened to him.
              He only had one sister Ellen Ann born 1875 in Chudleigh Devon. I have not been able to trace her at all. He had a brother Ernest who died in Devon England. He also had a brother Wilfred born 1883 who I think may have married Elizabeth Mary King born 1885. I have found that he had seven brothers my grandfather being the eldest.

Thank again
              Regards

Pam (Mayhem)

Comment

Working...
              X