Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoebe Lloyd nee Jenkins

Someone has suggested that this may be my gg grandmothers family

It has a phoebe jenkins with a mother Harriet in 1901, in aberdare which is where phoebe's daughter lived. But looking at it it has Harriet and her husand age as 49 and their two daughter ages 49, have they got the ages wrong as it say relation to head "daughter" and mother being harriet

- Ancestry.co.uk

I'm awaiting phoebe's marriage certificate so i will be able to confirm if this is her family, i just found the ages odd
    Last edited by scorpioleah; 14-08-09, 13:28.

I have just found them in 1891

- Ancestry.co.uk

i think there was a mistake as the daughter who is aged as 49 on the 1901 census is age 3 on the 1891

and her they are in 1881

Last edited by scorpioleah; 14-08-09, 13:35.

Comment

I would definitely say they have the wrong age for the two youngest children.
      Sometimes a good idea to compare the facts with a previous census if possible - if you look at the 1891 census you will see that Sarah Jane was born c1888.
      Pheobe doesn't appear on the 1891 census so was probably born somewhere between 1891 and 1901

1891 census - - Ancestry.co.uk
      Elaine

Comment

You solved it without our help!
        Elaine

Comment

Well it certainly looks quite clear that their ages are 49 and they are daughters but as you say that can't be right as the head of the household is only 49 himself!
          There were many mistakes on the census because the enumerator who enter up these schedules we're now looking at didn't need to make sense of it like we're trying to do!
          Hope fully the marriage cert will solve the problem.
          Margaret
          PS as usual too slow typing

Comment

im getting a bit better at this, still not very good, but im learning! lol

i really hope that is phoebe's family, would make it much easier as i can find him in 1861 lol we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by scorpioleah View Post
              im getting a bit better at this, still not very good, but im learning! lol

i really hope that is phoebe's family, would make it much easier as i can find him in 1861 lol we'll see
              You're doing very well, Leah. Writing things down and then thinking them out is a good way of working. A bit like doing a jigsaw.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
              X