Lincolnshire Wills Index 1700-1800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincolnshire Wills Index 1700-1800

Anyone wanting to check for a potential will in Lincolnshire from around 1700-1800 can use the council website to search the Lincs Archives index and download PDF documents containing the index

Family History Sources at Lincolnshire Archives | Lincolnshire County Council.

What isn't clear from the site are the charges for obtaining a copy of a will, too many ifs and buts to even get a quote, shame really, just found an umpty great grandparent listed and it could lead me to his children.

*Added to the wiki under Countywide Interest
    Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 14-08-09, 11:53.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

As the will comes from the archives, it is ususally worth emailing or calling them and asking for an estimate - I ordered a will from them before - took a bit longer but only cost me £4.25 for the will I needed which is much cheaper the visiting the archives ;)

Off to have a look for my Dawsons now - thanks for the link
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Thanks for the link, too, Glen.

Vikki - I'm off to look for my Dawsons too! And my Newtons.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks for the link.
        There are a few Harrods there for me to follow up on.

Comment

Thanks for the link Glen, but sadly OH's Lincs ancestors don't seem to have left wills....
          Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Sue from Southend View Post
            Thanks for the link Glen, but sadly OH's Lincs ancestors don't seem to have left wills....
            Well i have downloaded a couple from TNA that aren't in the Lincs list, but the ones i have in the Lincs list aren't on TNA.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
            My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
            My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
            X