PDA

View Full Version : Lincolnshire Wills Index 1700-1800

Glen in Tinsel Knickers
14-08-09, 11:44
Anyone wanting to check for a potential will in Lincolnshire from around 1700-1800 can use the council website to search the Lincs Archives index and download PDF documents containing the index

Family History Sources at Lincolnshire Archives | Lincolnshire County Council (http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/section.asp?catid=22905&docid=75498).

What isn't clear from the site are the charges for obtaining a copy of a will, too many ifs and buts to even get a quote, shame really, just found an umpty great grandparent listed and it could lead me to his children.

*Added to the wiki under Countywide Interest

vikki brace
14-08-09, 13:28
As the will comes from the archives, it is ususally worth emailing or calling them and asking for an estimate - I ordered a will from them before - took a bit longer but only cost me £4.25 for the will I needed which is much cheaper the visiting the archives ;)

Off to have a look for my Dawsons now - thanks for the link

Elizabeth Herts
14-08-09, 13:30
Thanks for the link, too, Glen.

Vikki - I'm off to look for my Dawsons too! And my Newtons.

Allan
14-08-09, 13:43
Thanks for the link.
There are a few Harrods there for me to follow up on.

Sue from Southend
14-08-09, 14:10
Thanks for the link Glen, but sadly OH's Lincs ancestors don't seem to have left wills....

Glen in Tinsel Knickers
14-08-09, 14:27
Thanks for the link Glen, but sadly OH's Lincs ancestors don't seem to have left wills....

Well i have downloaded a couple from TNA that aren't in the Lincs list, but the ones i have in the Lincs list aren't on TNA.:rolleyes: