Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice/help wanted please.

Hi,

I have had a break from researching my family history, I have recently started again and I would like some help with my 3 x great grandparents.

I can't find a death record for my3x gt grandfather and I can't find my 3x gt grandparents on the 1901 census. :(

I have put a request for help with this family before but I didn't have all the certificates.

Henry/Harry Muir Lockton born 1866 Grantham Lincolnshire. Parents named on bc are Charles and Martha Lockton.

Henry Lockton marries Rebecca Ward 1887 Grantham Lincolnshire. Witnesses to the marriage are thomas ward (Rebecca's father) and Emma Hubbard (Rebecca's sister). Henry's occupation is listed as Labourer.

Henry and Rebecca have daughter Emma born 1890 Brightside bierlow Yorkshire. Henry's occupation is listed as Bricklayer Labourer.

On the 1891 census Rebecca and Emma are living with Rebecca's sister, in Grantham Lincs.

Henry is living in Mexboro yorkshire listed as a boarder with a Bucknell family. Henry's occupation is listed as Glass works labourer.

On the 1901 census Emma lockton is still living with her aunt and uncle, but Rebecca isn't there.

I can't find Rebecca or Henry/Harry on the 1901 census.

Rebecca Lockton dies 1906 in Sculcoates Yorkshire. The informant is Emma Hubbard. On Rebecca's death cert it states that Rebecca is the widow of Henry Lockton.

The only death record I can find for henry is in 1942 birmingham.

A kind gentleman on genes had a look in the death overseas to see if he could find a death for henry, but there wasn't one.

Any help with this would be truly appreciated.

RG13 piece 3055 folio 72 page 17

Somebody's (DavidWatson4) put in a correction for her - so you should be able to find Rebecca now - except that his correction says:
    LOCKTON rather than Tockson
    Correct surname should be LOCKTON she was the widow of John Andrew LOCKTON. Surname has been transcribed as TOCKSON
    No - he's right - that's a much older Rebecca, sorry! :o But I suppose that might give you some hunting clues?

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 13-08-09, 18:16.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Seriously elusive... but I bet Elaine...Spain finds them! :D

Chrisitine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

lol! I´ve been looking but no luck so far! :D:D
        Elaine

Comment

I've searched the 1901 using just their first names, but nothing obvious is coming up.

The only death reg I can find for Henry is in 1942, but on rebecca's death cert in 1906 it states she is the widow of Henry lockton. So if the cert is correct Henry/harry must have died between 1891 and 1906.

Thank you for looking, it is truly appreciated

Comment

The 1891 census shows Rebecca´s year and place of birth as c 1867 Sheffield.

Is this consistent with the earlier censuses?
            Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine,

Rebecca's year and place of birth is 1867 Grantham Lincolnshire, she is the daughter of Thomas and Sarah Ward.

Rebecca and Henry's daughter was born in Sheffield.

Kelly.

Comment

If they'd split up, she may have been calling herself a widow - that's what my grandmother did. My parents' 1941 marriage cert shows his father as dec'd, but he didn't die until 1967. Similarly my maternal g'parents' marriage cert shows her father as dec'd, but he was alive for a few months more, at least.

Christine

Comment

Sorry Kelly, cannot see anything.
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                    If they'd split up, she may have been calling herself a widow - that's what my grandmother did. My parents' 1941 marriage cert shows his father as dec'd, but he didn't die until 1967. Similarly my maternal g'parents' marriage cert shows her father as dec'd, but he was alive for a few months more, at least.

Christine
                    Hi Christine,

This is what I was thinking.

The only death I can find for Henry is in 1942, but if I order the cert I don't think I will know if it is him or not, especially if he remarried!:(

I think they must be both together in 1901 for them both to be missing off the census.

Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                      Sorry Kelly, cannot see anything.
                      Hi Elaine,

Thank you for looking, it is truly appreciated.

Kelly.

Comment

Working...
                      X