elsiem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elsiem

I am hoping that "Janet in Yorkshire" is still reading these pages. About 2 years ago Janet had a question asking about James Holmes BELL and Emma CLAXTON married 1886 Kilham Yorkshire. They are my great grandparents who came to Qld Australia in 1886.

Other names I am researching are -
    William Ferguson THOMSON and Agnes CARSON/CARSWELL married 1857 Ayrshire Scotland. They are my gg grandparents who came to NSW Australia in 1859.

William WOODHOUSE born 1798 Eastrington Yorkshire and Ellen McALOONE born 1810 Eniskillen Ireland. Both came to Australia as convicts and married 1829 Sydney Australia. They are my ggg grandparents. Their son Benjamin WOODHOUSE born 1838 NSW Aust. married 1860 to Catherine SPELLMAN born 1842 Tipperary Ireland.

Thomas SANKEY b.1819 Shropshire Eng married 1846 Tipperary Ireland to Catherine QUINLAN b.1830 Tipperary Ire. (My gg g'parents) Their son Jeremiah SANKEY b.1850 Tipp Ireland married 1886 Qld Aust. Emma Mathilda ANDERSON b.1857 Kalmar Sweden. (My g g'parents.)

Esau FRANCIS b.1835 Cornwall Eng married 1859 NSW Australia Elizabeth LORTERTON b.1810 Lincolnshire Eng. (My gg g'parents) Their daughter Sarah Jane FRANCIS B. 1860 NSW Aust. married 1886 Qld Aust. Samuel HEALE b. 1861 Devon Eng (My g g'parents)

Regards elsiem

Hello elsiem and welcome to the forum:D

If you click on "user tools" above you will be able to search through the members list and send Janet a personal message (just had a look, she was here earlier today)
    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 13-08-09, 16:07. Reason: missed a word out

Comment

Hi Elsie - I'm here!

How exciting. I will send you a private message (see top right of the screen)
      and give you my e-mail address so that we can correspond directly about the Claxtons of Grindale and the Bells of Queensland. And, hopefully, the Redshaws (Emma's sister,) who also went to Queensland.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

FTF scores another direct hit! :D

I do enjoy the way this site has its successes.

Christine

PS - Welcome to elsiem!
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Welcome Elsiem and congrats to you and Janet (who is a lovely person I am so pleased for her).
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
            Hi Elsie - I'm here!

How exciting. I will send you a private message (see top right of the screen)
            and give you my e-mail address so that we can correspond directly about the Claxtons of Grindale and the Bells of Queensland. And, hopefully, the Redshaws (Emma's sister,) who also went to Queensland.

Jay
            that is brilliant...I`d gladly pay for that "connection"....congrats girls and the best of luck with your matches.......FTF strikes again !..allan;)
            Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
            oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
            adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
            merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
            coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Welcome to the site Elsiem and how brilliant for you to have a direct hit with our Janet , she is a lovely woman honest proper Yorkshire lass ;;congratulations to you both
              borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thank you to Jill, Christine, Little Nell, Garstonite Allan, Borobabs and everyone who has made me feel so welcome. I'm sure you all helped me find Janet - or vise versa. Hope to find more UK connections. Many thanks.
                elsiem

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes.
                  Elsie and I are now in direct contact and I think there could well be quite a few e-mails back and forth between Queensland and East Yorkshire in the not too distant future!

Jay
                  Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

How fantastic, the internet is brilliant and this site is a treasure.
                    ~ with love from Little Nell~
                    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Whizzo really chuffed for you both
                      Angelina

Comment

Woodhouse

Hi Elsiem!

Saw your post & i am also a GGG grandaughter of William WOODHOUSE &
                        Ellen McAlOONE. I have found some great sites with comprehensive info & photo's. By now you may have sourced the same info, but am very happy to touch base either way.

Cheers
                        April

Originally posted by elsiem View Post
                        I am hoping that "Janet in Yorkshire" is still reading these pages. About 2 years ago Janet had a question asking about James Holmes BELL and Emma CLAXTON married 1886 Kilham Yorkshire. They are my great grandparents who came to Qld Australia in 1886.

Other names I am researching are -
                        William Ferguson THOMSON and Agnes CARSON/CARSWELL married 1857 Ayrshire Scotland. They are my gg grandparents who came to NSW Australia in 1859.

William WOODHOUSE born 1798 Eastrington Yorkshire and Ellen McALOONE born 1810 Eniskillen Ireland. Both came to Australia as convicts and married 1829 Sydney Australia. They are my ggg grandparents. Their son Benjamin WOODHOUSE born 1838 NSW Aust. married 1860 to Catherine SPELLMAN born 1842 Tipperary Ireland.

Thomas SANKEY b.1819 Shropshire Eng married 1846 Tipperary Ireland to Catherine QUINLAN b.1830 Tipperary Ire. (My gg g'parents) Their son Jeremiah SANKEY b.1850 Tipp Ireland married 1886 Qld Aust. Emma Mathilda ANDERSON b.1857 Kalmar Sweden. (My g g'parents.)

Esau FRANCIS b.1835 Cornwall Eng married 1859 NSW Australia Elizabeth LORTERTON b.1810 Lincolnshire Eng. (My gg g'parents) Their daughter Sarah Jane FRANCIS B. 1860 NSW Aust. married 1886 Qld Aust. Samuel HEALE b. 1861 Devon Eng (My g g'parents)

Regards elsiem
                        Last edited by Darksecretz; 20-07-10, 13:35. Reason: getting quote to work right.

Comment

April,
                          Welcome to Family Tree Forum.

Elsiem hasn't logged on to the site for a while so may not see your message. It might be best to send her a private message - click on her name to the left of the first post and you will see the option to send a private message. She has her profile set to receive email notification of any messages received, so as long as she hasn't changed her email address then she should pick it up.
                          Elaine

Comment

Working...
                          X