Ancestry Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Search

I have just found the marriage I have been looking for on free BMD George J Hankinson/Lizzie Drinkwater 8a 291 Bucklow 4th qtr 1925.
    Now then I have just been on to ancestry, as I can only find it under Hankinson on free BMD, to add to my tree, when searching for Hankinson, I am getting some surnames starting with R in the H's and no luck at all on the drinkwaters, plenty of blank sheets what is going on???
    I am in the right place searching 8a 291 4th qtr under H and D. Can't understand what is happening. Help

I think there's a problem with Ancestry at the moment - I'm getting the little boy with the noose. I noticed a lot of people were having trouble yesterday too.

Before the site went down I looked in the transcribed marriages, and nothing came up for George Hankinson in 1925, which seems odd.

Comment

Thanks very much, at least its not only me, it has taken me this long to find what i am looking for a second marriage, now i am going to have to twiddle my thumbs

Comment

Something very weird going on at Ancestry. I clicked on the image for another Drinkwater in the Dec qtr & got a page of Lamberts etc.
        Moggie

Comment

The site's back up now, but the images for the 4th quarter of 1925 are missing from Ancestry:

England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1837-1983 - Ancestry.co.uk

You can view the images on FreeBMD, though (click on the spectacles next to the name).

Comment

Just did a search of my Grandparents Samuel Blease Pearson, and Elizabeth Maud Hankinsons wedding. Just to check whats going on. It appears according to them they married in the 2nd and 3rd qtr 1925 all 8a 454 the plot thickens. I know they married 26 Sept 1925. How can they duplicate records to two different qtrs of the same year. Seems like they are having problems

Comment

I mean 3rd and 4th qtr sorry

Comment

Yes I noticed that a Drinkwater marriage had been duplicated in two different quarters, too. There's obviously something wrong with the database at the moment.

Comment

Think I shall go and have lunch, then come back and start afresh. Maybe it will be a little better then.

Comment

Hi not sure if related but i have on my tree John Hankinson D.O.B 1880 Amy Drinkwater D.O.B 1883 Married 15th October 1904, This is all info i have on this family has i only recently started, This is a Warrington and Manchester link family, Any extra help for this would be appreciated, Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by shaz131 View Post
                      Hi not sure if related but i have on my tree John Hankinson D.O.B 1880 Amy Drinkwater D.O.B 1883 Married 15th October 1904, This is all info i have on this family has i only recently started, This is a Warrington and Manchester link family, Any extra help for this would be appreciated, Thank you
                      Welcome to the Forum.

This thread was started several years ago and the poster may not be looking in any more.

It might help you to send a private message (PM) by clicking on LyndainSpain in the left hand box and selecting Private message - this will then go to her email address and alert her to your query.

If you want any general help it's always best to start your own thread and then we can all chip in.

Margaret
                      Last edited by margaretmarch; 01-04-14, 12:10.

Comment

oops somebody has replied

Shaz dont think she has posted on here for a while if you click on her name you can send a personal message she may get that good luck
                        Last edited by Guest; 01-04-14, 14:11.

Comment

Originally posted by shaz131 View Post
                          Hi Shaz and welcome to FTF As Margaret has suggested if you would like help I would suggest that you start a thread of your own. I have just had a look and found John and Amy on the 1911 census with 2 sons - Ernest aged 5 and Stanley aged 3. John is a joiners labourer. I have also found the birth of another possible child (a daughter) in Warrington in 1916. If you start a new thread, can you tell us whether you have Ancestry? As we could give you the link to anything we find if you have.
                          p.s. And tell us everything you know but please don't give the names of anyone who is/or may be living as it's against our terms and conditions.
                          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 01-04-14, 19:57.
                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi there, only just seen this, have not been doing a lot on the family tree at the moment due to health problems. Keep doing a little and hopefully soon will be able to resume. My Hankinson family comes from Warrington. My Grandmother was Elizabeth Maud Hankinson. We lived in Altrincham. We moved to Spain 10 years ago. I will look into further when I have time. Just to let you know I have seen the message.

Comment

Thanks chrissie for that info, Hope your feeling better soon Lynda. Chrissie i only have sites that are free at the moment. Any links would be fab. i shall be doing lots of my own threads has i need lots of help from you lovely people

Comment

Originally posted by LyndainSpain View Post
                                Hi there, only just seen this, have not been doing a lot on the family tree at the moment due to health problems. Keep doing a little and hopefully soon will be able to resume. My Hankinson family comes from Warrington. My Grandmother was Elizabeth Maud Hankinson. We lived in Altrincham. We moved to Spain 10 years ago. I will look into further when I have time. Just to let you know I have seen the message.
                                Lynda i have a few Elizabeth Hankinsons on my tree at the moment some are the daughters and i dont have other info so if you let me know who she married and parents i could confirm. Thanks x

Comment

Hi there Elizabeth Maud Hankinson born Bucklow 1901 Died Manchester 1937. Married 1925 to Samuel Blease Pearson. Born 1902 died 1979 Altrincham Cheshire.

Elizabeth Parents are George James Hankinson born 1873 Warrington. Died 1951 Bucklow. Edith Louise Bellis 1875 - 1922

George James Parents Zachariah Hankinson Born 1843 Warrington Died 1900 Warrington. Elizabeth Boardman 1855 -1895

Zachariah Hankinson Parents James Hankinson born 1806 Warrington Died 6 Sept 1883 Cheshire. Married Mary Haslehurst.

Hope this helps you x

Comment

I can't actually help at the moment, Shaz, but I also have a Hankinson from Warrington in my tree: Jane Hankinson who married James Ormerod in Warrington in 1765. She died in Warrington in 1785, aged 42, so she would have been born about 1743, but I can't find a definite baptism for her (there are a couple of possibilities).

I thought I'd add this to the thread in case any of us find we have any Hankinsons in common.

Comment

No Ormenrod has yet i do have a Jane hankinson born 29th June 1706 she has no husband attached to her. Her parents was born in Pendleton Mancher thought. She is 7 siblings one who we have no name for lol dont ask im following my brothers research.

Comment

Working...
                                      X