Missing Skelton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Skelton

Hello every one.I am researching my Skelton ancestors.So far I have not been able to locate my ancestor's who immigrated from Ireland.All of my Grandfathers memoirs state they came from Ireland but do not say where in Ireland.This is how far back I have been able to go.
    William S. Skelton b.1810 Georgia d.3-25-1888 Alabama married Catherine Charity Cox(b.1814)on 3-25-1835 in Blount County Alabama.Children John Skelton b.1837,Edward Skelton b.1839,Sarah E. Skelton b.1843,Washington Skelton b.1845,William Greenberry Skelton b.1847,Lewis Skelton b.1849,Francis Skelton b.1850,Susan Skelton b.1851,Thomas Skelton b.1852,Jonathan Skelton b.1854,Lando Skelton b.1858(my G Grandfather) William's second wife was Elisabeth Huffstutler b.1830 no children that I can find from this marriage.For the life of me I am unable to find any connections with a Skelton family older than William.I would consider finding William father and mother my biggest accomplishment. Please if any one can help I would greatly appreciate it.
    Happy Hunting
    Dorothy

I don't know much about US or Irish ancestry, but I would imagine that William's marriage cert would have his father's name and occupation on it. Not sure if you can find ship's passengers' lists for arrivals in US from Ireland online, but that might also help.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

just be warned, that even if you manage to find out the county or even the town your irish family came from, you may be at the point where the surviving records begin. and therefore may not get much further back.

Comment

Working...
      X