Marriage certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage certificates

I have never seen a marriage certificate so i was wondering to the show the bride and grooms date of birth?

No.....but does have the ages.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Except that early certs (pre 1860ish) tend to just say "full age" which means over 21.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by scorpioleah View Post
          I have never seen a marriage certificate so i was wondering to the show the bride and grooms date of birth?
          Hi scorpioleah,

If you would like to find out more about certificates have a look at the WIKI.

Here's a link to the England and Wales Certificates page on the WIKI:
          http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/England_and_Wales_Certificates

Comment

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by scorpioleah View Post
              Welcome to FTF. Have you just started on your family history research? In which case there are lots of hints and tips on the site for beginners. If you are serious about getting things right, you will end up spending out on birth marriage and death certificates by the square mile. They are the only reliable way of making sure you are putting the right people in your tree.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Leah is a recent convert to family history and had a couple of threads running that gave OC and myself some exercise through the bmd index, (as you do when looking for events in the name of Rees in Wales :D).

Leah also probably takes the title as youngest FTF member (makes Tom seem like a very old man now :o).
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
                  Leah also probably takes the title as youngest FTF member (makes Tom seem like a very old man now :o).
                  Not quite as we had another new member join last week who is a couple of years younger than Leah. It´s always great to see new members, but more so when they take an interest in this hobby during their teenage years.

... and if it makes Tom seem like a very old man then there´s no hope for you Glen! ;)

Welcome Leah - hope you are enjoying it here.
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    Not quite as we had another new member join last week who is a couple of years younger than Leah. It´s always great to see new members, but more so when they take an interest in this hobby during their teenage years.

... and if it makes Tom seem like a very old man then there´s no hope for you Glen! ;)

Welcome Leah - hope you are enjoying it here.
                    I gave up hope years ago. It's getting to the point where the choice between a certificate and a zimmer frame gets harder to make every time.
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

lol!

im finding it to be so addictive
                      i have ordered certificates which said they should arrive 4 working days after the order (which i did on saturday and sunday) so hopefully will be here by the end of the week.

My gran also found her parents marriage certificate, and her fathers death certificate which have his date of birth.

On the Rees side i have gone back to my great granparents sarah ellen hughes (evans, rees) and david rees. waiting for their marriage certificate to carry on their line

On the Davies side, i have gone back to my great granfather thomas john davies. Know his date of birth, date of death, place of birth and death and his fathers name and occupation, all i know about his mum is her name was gwen. So im currently working on that ( need to find him so i can order his birth certificate which will have his mums name)

Then i have my grans mum Harriet beryl lloyd and her parents thomas lloyd and phoebe jenkins (ordered their marriage certificate) so hopefully get some more generations on my tree soon

ive already learned so much that i didnt know before. I'm trying to learn to find the info, which isnt easy, so im gratefull for everyones help. And also it has given me something to do over the summer holidays!

Comment

If you need assistance with finding anyone then feel free to put their name up on the Research forum with as much info as you can and I'm sure that someone will help you search for them. No details about living people though please. :D

Comment

Leah, it won't be long before you are looking a the price of something (shoes, coat, whatever) and working out how many certificates you could buy with the money instead lol.
                          Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie Knees View Post
                            Leah, it won't be long before you are looking a the price of something (shoes, coat, whatever) and working out how many certificates you could buy with the money instead lol.
                            In my case it's coffee... for every two coffees I don't have from Starbucks I can treat myself to a cert. I strongly suspect that the amount I tell myself I'm 'not' consuming would fill the atlantic twice over :D

Comment

Kate, please don't tell me that a coffee in Starbucks out of a cardboard flavoured cup costs £3.50! :D:D
                              Elaine

Comment

£3.50 coffee in starbucks is cheap lol so over priced in there. i'd much rather buy a cert!

Comment

Originally posted by John-Nihon View Post
                                  If you need assistance with finding anyone then feel free to put their name up on the Research forum with as much info as you can and I'm sure that someone will help you search for them. No details about living people though please. :D

thank you, im sure i will be asking for help lol

Comment

Well done Leah. I'm so glad you found FTF so early in your research. Even though most of us are old enough to be your parent, grandparent or even great-grandparent (contributors please pick whichever fits!!). Now you know what to say when people ask what you want for birthdays and Christmas - money for certificates or an Ancestry subscription!
                                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

lol!

my birthday is coming soon, so i will put that on my list!

Comment

Leah

In no time at all you will be offerinng tips and advice to other newbies I am sure.

Glad you are enjoying this - wish I'd started a bit earlier, though I am doing well with my lot.
                                        ~ with love from Little Nell~
                                        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                                        X