Open access till 13th Aug to World Vital Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open access till 13th Aug to World Vital Records

Could one of the mods delete my previous on this.

I wanted to check it out before i put the link on here.
    Have been sent this from a friend on Facebook.

You dont need a credit card to sign up .
    Done mine, sign up email came straight through

It says link will terminate at midnight on 13th Aug

http:/www.worldvitalrecords.com/

Hope i've done this right .
    Edi.

Just signed up, will take a good look tomorrow. Thanks for link.

Comment

I can't see the special offer link you (and others) are talking about - only the basic sign-up and the 7-day trial. :o

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

here it is ;;

Vital Records, Family History, Genealogy - Find Vital Records Now at WorldVitalRecords.com

came with legacy newsletter
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Just had a Look . a box pops up for you to fill in ?But where do you click to register there does not seem to be anything there?

Comment

Make the page go full at the top and then its continue Colin,,,you know the little box one in between X and -

Comment

Many Thanks
              I will have a look?

Comment

Now I understand - I probably had a no-pop-up option on the other computer!

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

When you click the link a white box appears to fill in your email address and choose password . had to try link a couple of times before box appeared for me.
                  Just been on site having a browse.
                  Will go back on tomorrow when my eyes are younger.
                  Happy hunting everyone
                  Edi.

Comment

Edi me to its dam hard work slogging through all the stuff that comes up on it but very good as well ;;;I have been saving anything I think is to do with family and will double check after the trial

Comment

Very useful for anyone who doesn't have access to Ancestry - it looks as if you can get 1841 / 1861 / 1871 / 1881 / 1891 census transcription plus image (apart from 1881 where no image seems to be available).
                      Elaine

Comment

Yes and also papers etc you have to just look for the country you think there in

Comment

A useful link if you just want to browse/search the UK databases
                          Easily search billions of historical records from around the world including birth, marriage, death, census, and immigration records, and much more
                          Elaine

Comment

It also has some quite interesting Australian records, especially the Queensland, SA and NSW Police Gazettes (the NSW Gazettes aren't mentioned in their list of databases, but I found a few of them):

Browse Australia Databases

Comment

Thanks for 'heads-up' on this, but this is one website I won't be subscribing to. Not at all impressed by their search interface. No way to drill down to complex searching - unless I've missed it, of course.
                              Phil
                              historyhouse.co.uk
                              Essex - family and local history.

Comment

I don't think I'd subscribe, either, but the free trial came in useful. There is an advanced search - did you find that? It's not terrifically sophisticated, but I managed to find what I needed. I don't think it'd be enough for censuses, but I haven't tried searching them.

Comment

I have tried to find people in the UK census and every one comes up NO MATCHES. Am I doing something wrong?
                                  Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Got a e-mail this morning saying ;;;

We had such a good response to our "FREE Site Access" promotion that we decided to extend it through August 18th.

so more time to play campers ;;

Comment

I think the extension is for new registrations; all my searches now come up 'No match'
                                      Glen

Comment

I have had my reg since thursday so dont know ???

Comment

Working...
                                        X