Criminal Registers 1791-1892 on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal Registers 1791-1892 on Ancestry

Does any one know which membership you have to have with Ancestry to view the images on the new England and Wales Criminal Registers 1791-1892.
    At present I have the Essential membership which I only renewed at the begining of this month,I can search and view the record but every time I try to view an image it takes me to a page where it is telling me to join up to either the Essential,Premium or World membership.

Hana

I can view them on Premium.

Which you choose does depend on how much you think you're going to need...

Or can you get access through your local library? Many have the library version of Ancestry.com, which means you can look up stuff and copy images to a flash drive.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you Christine,I'll have to upgrade,I had decided to but as it was the day my membership was renewing I waited till it showed as having gone through to save complicating matters.

When I went to do the upgrade which was only a few hours after the renewal, not even 24hrs,it came up that the refund would be £6.95 less than I had paid ,thinking it was wrong I phoned Ancestry and the lady confirmed it was right,they were going to charge me £6.95 for a few hours of membership,something about pro-rata for the year, so I said no I would leave things as they were,guess I'll have to bite the bullet now as I did want the premium membership.

Hana

Comment

It might be worth seeing if you can haggle. They can sometimes whisk a deal out of the hat - tho' that's less likely if they already have you!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X