Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1901 Census help, please.

Hi,

I am struggling to find a couple of people on the 1901 census and wondered if someone could help to see if they can find them, please?

I am trying to locate a Charles A Lockton born 1884 Nottingham. He is on the 1891 census with parents Tom and Frances Lockton living in Grimsby Lincolnshire.

On the 1901 census Tom and Frances have no children listed as living with them.

I have done a search on the 1911 and Charles is on there living with a Clara Lockton (his wife), Thomas Lockton, Fred Lockton and Grace Lockton.

I am also having trouble trying to find Grace Lockton her year of birth is given as 1896 on the 1911. I can't find a birth record for her and I can't find her on the 1901 census.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Kelly.

What did Clara do for a living? Is this her?

I've found a married Clara in Pinchbeck, Lincolnshire in a house on her own as Head and married aged 38. She is a piano teacher working from home. She is indexed as Clara LOSTON
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 10-08-09, 16:14. Reason: correction

Comment

It's likely Grace was not Charles' daughter. If Charles is aged 28 and in Hull in 1911, it seems he was married in 1911, presumably in Q2 to Clara Smith (Grimsby). Anyway, in 1896 he would have been too young to be anyone's father! Or have I found the wrong Charles?

scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Hi,

I think Charles and Clara married in 1911, if this is the correct marriage Clara's maiden name was Smith.

I'm not sure what Clara's occupation was.

Thank you for your help, it is truly appreciated.

Kelly.

Comment

Hi Kelly

Have you actually paid to have a look at the transcript or the original page on the 1911? Who is Thomas?

If this is the correct marriage entry then Grace....and more than likely Frederick....would have likely been born with the surname Smith. Charles would have only been 12 when Grace was born if she is the daughter of Clara

Marriages Jun 1911

Bennett James Grimsby 7a 1752
          Lockton Charles Grimsby 7a 1752
          Smith Clara Grimsby 7a 1752
          Taylor Rose Grimsby 7a 1752
          Jeanette
          Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Hi,

No I haven't paid to look at the 1911, I only searched on there to see if Charles Lockton was on there, or if he had died.

I know Charles can't be Grace's father as he would have been to young.

On the 1891 census Thomas Lockton is listed as Charles father.

I have used the free search on the 1911 and it says Charles is the head of household and Grace is his niece.

Kelly.

Comment

Kelly....neither Charles or Grace are turning up on the 1901 so they could be either missed off or badly mistranscribed. I think you're going to have to pay for the transcript at least to see what they give as their places of birth which may help to find them.

Btw, there was no Charles A Lockton born in Nottingham at the right time but there was a Charles Arthur Lockton born in the Caistor district of Lincolnshire
              Jeanette
              Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Hi Jeanette,

Thank you for your help, it is truly appreciated.

From the search on the 1911 Grace's birthplace is coming up as Hull and Clara's is Yorkshire. Charles's birthplace is coming up as Nottingham.

I did see the Charles Arthur Lockton birth, I think it is probably right. I did wonder why he was born in Nottingham, when all my other Lockton's were born in Lincolnshire.

I don't think some of my Lockton's liked the 1901 census because there is a couple of others I can't find as well. :(

Kelly.
                Last edited by Kelly; 10-08-09, 18:23.

Comment

Working...
                X