how can I sort this out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can I sort this out?

I have a marriage cert of a David Curry ( cannot name this wife as she is still living married to some else and will not give up information to help) his age at marriage is 17 so that makes him born about 1946. The marriage is in Bir'ham and his father is named as John Thomas Curry.
    I am trying to find Davids birth details so I can apply for his certificate. I know David died in 1969 and his yob is given as 1906 Aug. The informant must have given the wrong year. Because my informant is postive this is him.
    I cannot find a David John Curry born in Birmingham in 1946 I found one born in Crickhowell which is Cheshire (I thought it was Powys) do you think this could be the right one? The MMN is given as Morgan so I looked for a marriage between Morgan and John Curry but cannot find one.
    Any further suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot see a way forward on this to enable me to work back to do a family tree.
    GWEN

Hi,
    As the one you found is the only David Curry born 1946 with mother's maiden name Morgan, I'd send for the cert if only to eliminate it from your enquiries.
    I also checked the birth register for 1945 and 1947 with no luck.
    Emeltee

Comment

Hi,

I have checked the Ancestry index's for you, and there are 7 David J Curry's born between 1940-1950. None of these match with a marriage of a John T.

There is a marriage though at Birmingham in 1941, that might be worth having a look at. Do you know who David's mother was?

Tippin
      Families Intrested in
      Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

Originally posted by emeltee View Post
        Hi,
        As the one you found is the only David Curry born 1946 with mother's maiden name Morgan, I'd send for the cert if only to eliminate it from your enquiries.
        I also checked the birth register for 1945 and 1947 with no luck.
        Emeltee
        Thanks for looking I have checked the birth index also on a few occasions and it is always the Crickhowell one I am left with but I am not sure it is the one as according to my sources this family all came from B'ham. But I think there are probablly lots of skeltons in the cupboard because no one will give up much information. As you say may be I should send for the BC with checking point giving David's father's name if it is not the one I am back to the drawing board.
        But thanks again for you help.
        GWEN

Comment

Originally posted by Tippin View Post
          Hi,

I have checked the Ancestry index's for you, and there are 7 David J Curry's born between 1940-1950. None of these match with a marriage of a John T.

There is a marriage though at Birmingham in 1941, that might be worth having a look at. Do you know who David's mother was?

Tippin
          Sorry I do not know the name of Davids mother but what marriage is it you have found? I found a J T Curry to a Tanner but could not find a birth for David Curry with MMN Tanner
          GWEN

Comment

Have you looked for an oversea's birth?

John may have been stationed in West Germany in 1946/7. I know quite a few soldiers lived with their families there - and half of them end up playing for Birmingham City! Not to sure on the date though, it may have been to soon after the war.

Tippin
            Families Intrested in
            Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

I think I am going to prepare the tea as it seems whatever I do on this nothing works out so going to have a break.
              thanks to you both
              GWEN

Comment

Originally posted by Tippin View Post
                Have you looked for an oversea's birth?

John may have been stationed in West Germany in 1946/7. I know quite a few soldiers lived with their families there - and half of them end up playing for Birmingham City! Not to sure on the date though, it may have been to soon after the war.

Tippin
                No I have not that never accured to me will try later though its worth a go
                GWEN

Comment

Perhaps CURRY isn't the name David was registered under. Possiblt the J T CURRY who married in 1941 is his father & was married when he had an affair with David's mother so he was registered under her surname which I know doesn't help as we don't know who she was. David possibly grew up knowing who his father was & started using his surname.
                  Glen

Comment

No he's not there either. I have searched the index for overseas births on Findmypast, but no luck.

The one thing I can tell you though is that there is a marriage between a Edwin Curry and Gladys Morgan at Crickhowell in 1938, so I doubt that the first entry mentioned is the David you are looking for.
                    Families Intrested in

Comment

There's a David Curry b 1946 in Blackburn East, in Lancs. MMN = MCKAY

(from LancsBMD Lancashire Births Marriages & Deaths ... actually using the UKBMD multi-Region search UKBMD - Births, Marriages, Deaths Indexes & Census Transcriptions On-line for UK Family History and Genealogy)

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I'm slightly curious about your death ref.
                        Your looking for someone born in 1946(ish) who apparently died in 1969, so would be 23 at death.
                        But the one you mention has an apparent birth year of 1906, and the infomant 'must have given the wrong year'??
                        How do you mix up a 23 year old with a 63 year old. I've heard of a few years difference, but not that many!
                        Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

yes is was a tragic death and I was thinking may be the informant gave the wrong year of birth 1906 instead of 1946. I can see where you are coming from but I am told on good authority that the death is the correct one, so that is why I thought the YOB was given wrong.
                          Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 10-08-09, 22:24.
                          GWEN

Comment

Have you tried looking for a death notice, or report of a tragic death in the local papers for 1969 ? It might confirm the age of the David Curry who died then, or give other information ?

I looked at The Times on line but there is no reference to it.

Di
                            Diane
                            Sydney Australia
                            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Working...
                            X