Why can't I find them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I find them?

My gt. grandparents, Alfred and Ruth Webb moved to Stroud, Glos in the late 1890's. I know they lived there until they died but I just can't locate their death records. My mother told me they were buried in the churchyard at St. Paul's, Whiteshill. This was the parish they had lived in. They had no headstones as the family was very poor. Other than contacting Glos records office, has anyone any ideas why I can't find their death records. They were both born around 1860 and I know they were both alive in 1911.
    Teresa...

Where have you searched so far? They may not have been transcribed yet by FreeBMD, in which case you would need to browse the images of the full index: England & Wales, Death Index: 1837-1983 - Ancestry.co.uk
    Sarah

Comment

Many thanks Sarah. I just automatically assumed the records were all transcribed. Looks like I am in for a long session of trawling through the records...:
      Teresa...

Comment

Here is a link to Coverage Charts on FreeBMD in case that's any help: FreeBMD : Coverage

It also says: "Please note that the percentage completions are based on estimates and, in particular, a value of 100% does not guarantee that all entries have been transcribed."
        Sarah

Comment

How about these two

Webb Alfred G age 77 Jul-Aug-Sep 1935 Stroud vol 6a page 359

Webb Ruth age 78 Jul-Aug-Sep 1936 Stroud vol 6a page 379

Emeltee

Comment

Emeltee, thank you so very much!!!! I have just come back to the computer and can't believe you have found them!!! These are my gt. grandparents. However did you manage to find them? Again, thank you so much.
            Teresa...

Comment

Working...
            X