where have my pictures gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where have my pictures gone?

When I opened 'my pictures' yesterday the folders are still there but they are all empty. One particlar folder has got many sub-folders which are also empty. Thankfully they are all on a backup disc; but what could have happened to them I certainly haven't deleted them and OH says he hasn't and I don't think it is the kind of thing you could do accidentally.

Other pictures which are dotted round other files are still there.

Any suggestions
    Rose

Rose,

I don't know the lay out of your PC but I have all the folders listed on the lefthand side when 'pictures' are opened. If I click on Pictures they all come up on the main screen as Icons. You may have them in list form.
    However, on the left or the main screen icons if you only have one or two folders it is easy to drag one inside another. In which case you will need to open each one to view the content. If found drag it back to the correct place.
    If you are missing the title Pictures look in My Documents.
    Have you tried putting a folder name into the search/find box as they may just be sitting on 'C' hard disk.
    Small risk did you delete them when backing up? Check your recycle bin. Very unlikely. Or do a google picasa search. Make sure that your recycle bin is not checked to empty on close do it manually.
    Just a few ideas to keep you busy for a few minutes tonight.
    Good Luck.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thanks Margaret for the suggestions. They were backed up from the old lappy and then copied to the new puter so luckily they are still on the lappy and still on the backup disc.

I have the folders set out showing the folders as thumbnails and they usually show four pictures on the folder. I have looked in every folder and they are all empty. I have even opened the fuji finepix program which zooms through all pics when it opens, no sign of them.

I am soooo glad we have still got the backup disc!! Very perplexing.
      Rose

Comment

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, although it wasn't all of the folders only some, quite a large amount though.

I had bought an external hard drive only a month or so before so had everything saved, like you. Phew.|Would I have been mad!

Let me know if you ever find them and I could look in the same place...lol

Linda

Comment

Have you checked in your recycle bin? a couple of years ago something on my PC went missing, spent hours trawling but no luck, workmate suggested looking in the bin and there it was, how it got there I don't know to this day, but I managed to get it back

Regards
          L

Comment

nope, not in recycle.

Linda, I will let you know if I find them but think they have just gone 'poof' into the ether lol.
            Rose

Comment

Working...
            X