Restore a picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore a picture

I would really love it if someone could restore this picture of my great-grandfather its not been looked after

thank you

any hope for it?

Comment

Not the easiest picture for me and I hope someone will do it better for you.
      Just to give you an idea of what it may end up looking like only improved upon.
      Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

I've got no skills in this area whatsoever Scorpioleah, but I would say its not a case of the photo not having been looked after but having been loved and shown a lot.

Comment

I've had a go at it, still learning.

Barbara

Comment

Here's My Attempt

Comment

thank you everyone

they look much better without the lines and white bits!

Comment

Another Quicky

Comment

your all very talented, my gran was very pleased with these. going to have one printed out for her thanks again

Comment

I had a little go too ...

scorpioleah.jpg
                    (Click on picture to enlarge)

Comment

My effort

Beverley

Comment

That's very good Beverly, have you been practising?

Now I'm getting a little more used to my Paint Shop package I think I might start having more goes at restoring photos. It's good fun, especially if the end result looks good.
                        Last edited by Guest; 10-08-09, 03:56.

Comment

I've been practising on my own old photos for a few years now, John...but I don't have the same skill as the real experts on here I think you get better results if you magnify the picture so the pixels are very obvious and attack the damage with a rather small clone brush.

Beverley

Comment

I've been using a clone and makeover brush but haven't really blown the image up. Sounds like doing it that way may take a long time. I guess I should practice though. Any further tips most welcome please. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Macbev View Post
                              I've been practising on my own old photos for a few years now, John...but I don't have the same skill as the real experts on here I think you get better results if you magnify the picture so the pixels are very obvious and attack the damage with a rather small clone brush.
                              Originally posted by John-Nihon View Post
                              I've been using a clone and makeover brush but haven't really blown the image up. Sounds like doing it that way may take a long time. I guess I should practice though. Any further tips most welcome please. :D
                              With a decent scan, you don't get pixellation
                              Last edited by Rachel Scand; 10-08-09, 16:56.
                              ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X