re: Free 1930 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: Free 1930 census

I've been looking at the thread started by Elaine.

Is there a problem with the site, as I can't access it through the link Elaine posted, or via a normal www. address?

Thanks
    Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Just spotted this message:
    We're experiencing ridiculously high traffic due to the Free 1930 Census offer. Sorry about the inconvenience. Check our blog for updates.
    This link might get you the page (if it's not suffering from overload)
    Free 1930 Census - Footnote.com

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 08-08-09, 18:47.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine, I've just managed to access that link - it wasn't working earlier.
      I'l have another go tomorrow, too late tonight.
      Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

The search is a bit clunky. It claims to accept wildcards... sometimes it does, and sometimes it offers you a pick-list.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Is it just USA?
          I accessed it OK and joined (free) but not had time to search very deep.

Thanks
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BrianT View Post
            Is it just USA?
            I accessed it OK and joined (free) but not had time to search very deep.

Thanks
            Yes - It's just USA. And I think there's a small %ge (? 3%) missing... they don't say whether that's because it isn't ever going to be there, or just that they haven't uploaded it yet.

Christine

Comment

I've just entered three names of people that I know for certain were living there, and it came back with 0 results!!! Maybe it's just overload!?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayslass View Post
                I've just entered three names of people that I know for certain were living there, and it came back with 0 results!!! Maybe it's just overload!?
                Did you allow for mistranscriptions?

Christine

Comment

Working...
                X