William Norman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Norman

Kind of thinking out loud here, but do you think I have found him?

I have William NORMAN 23/05/1851 Prickwillow Cambs. Father Henry, mother Mary nee Hipple/Hipwell.

1871 William is living in Littleport with his wife Sally. I have been looking for him in 1861 to find out more about his parents but I get the idea he was orphaned very young.

I think he is in Cottenham Cambs with his little sister Hannah. They are listed as nephew and niece of John and Ann Savidge. (must learn how to use the RG thingy whatsits).

There is a marriage for a John Savidge and Ann Norman Dec 1849 in Chesterton so I think Ann was Henry's sister. There is a death for a Henry Norman Dec 1853 in Ely, and 2 Mary Normans in 1854 Ely.

Do you think I'm on the right track?
    Rose

It seems a good chance. I looked for Mary and Henry Norman in 1851 - I found one couple with sons John and Thomas, then found them in the IGI as born in 1846 and 1848, fitting nicely between the marriage 1845 and William born in 1851. There is also an IGI entry for 1853 for a daughter Susannah. Perhaps I should look where John and Thomas were in 1861.

You can only work on the balance of probabilities and then track them down to prove or even disprove your theory.

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

thanks Di, I nevr thought to look at 1851, I'll go and have a look now. I expect John was old enough to be in service in 1861.
      Rose

Comment

Hmm, could be them lol.

I am hoping to get some information about Henry and Mary's wedding soon, which should assist me a bit.
        Rose

Comment

Surely you need to link Ann Norman and Henry by finding their baptisms to see if they share the same parentage.

IGI has baptism for Ann Norman 15 MAR 1829 Cottenham parents John and Ann. The batch has sisters Lydia and Fanny but no Henry.
          Last edited by Little Nell; 07-08-09, 16:09.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

yes, there is that too Nell, but Henry and Mary's wedding should give me a dob and their fathers (hopefully lol)
            Rose

Comment

Working...
            X