Needle in a haystack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle in a haystack

After reading the thread for Alfred Nuckley I realised that there is a link, however I am having a really hard time finding his father on the 1901 census

trying to locate in 1901
    Alfred Nuckley b.1890 Shoreditch, London

His mother Charlotte (Nee Morgan) died in 1900 in Camberwell and his father Alfred Nuckley b.1869 is listed as a widow and working in Newington, London - no sign of his son
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Can't see him. Of course, if his mother was dead he might have been farmed out to relatives or foster parents and his birth details mightn't be accurately recorded - or indeed his name.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

nope.. I cant see him either..

so he is either mangled, or mistrans.

sorry
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for looking, This family are notoriously hard to find anyway.
        Vikki -

Comment

I've tried looking for :
          Alf*
          b 1890 ± 2 Shoreditch
          male
          and looking for anyone who is not a "son".

If the name is seriously mistranscribed - or he's been given the local family name where he's staying, you might be able to recognise siblings/cousins of the family?
          e.g. there's an Alfred BOND, b 1889, who's a "Brother-in-law".

I couldn't spot any likely candidates - but it's a useful technique, in case you hadn't already thought of it.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine, as far as I know he was an only child, will have to look further.
            Vikki -

Comment

He wasn't an only child - he had a sister Eliza Nuckley born 1892, also (possibly) two younger sisters who had died by 1901. I have tried and failed to find Alfred and Eliza on the 1901 census. Has anyone else found them?

Comment

Working...
              X