Cemetery contact help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cemetery contact help please

I found a link on Google to a 2008 thread elsewhere about the cemetery, Swan Hill, Ellesmere, Shropshire.

The poster said she had contacted the Caretaker and found him very helpful. She also gave his name, the lodge address and phone number.

I've just rung the number and got an automated reply that the number doesn't accept incoming calls. I can't find any phone number in the book or on the net. I've tried BT, Yell and Shropshire council sites. Where did the number come from I wonder?

Does anybody have a number for the cemetery lodge that does work?

all i can suggest is you write to them.

Comment

Cemeteries And Burial Services in the Midlands area
      Cemeteries And Burial Services in Oswestry
      Tel: 01691 622804 - The Cemetery Ldg Swan Hill, Ellesmere, Shropshire, SY12 0LZ

- just found that same phone number on another site - it appears to be the Oswestry Town Council phone number.

Maybe the caretaker was getting too many phone calls - therefore incoming calls now blocked.
      Elaine

Comment

oh drat! I'll just have to write then. I'm getting too excited by recent breakthroughs and have got that "can't wait" itch LOL.

I wonder how residents of Oswestry get through on the phone to their Town Council if the number doesn't work?

Thanks for looking for me.

Comment

A couple of phone numbers for the Town Councils

Oswestry Town Council
          telephone: 01691 680222
          Guildhall Bailey Head, Oswestry. SY11 1PZ - Map

Ellesmere Town Council
          telephone: 01691 622689
          32 Stanham Dv, Ellesmere. SY12 0NU - Map
          Elaine

Comment

ooh ta Elaine. I'll try them after I've had lunch.

Comment

Ellesmere Town Council don't seem to be at home, they are hiding behind an answering machine. I tried Oswestry Town Council and the girl there didn't know of a number for anyone who could help me about the cemetery and advised me to ring Ellesmere TC. She gave me an alternative ETC number to try but it's on the same answering machine as the first one.

... goes off and makes noises similar to Dastardly and Muttley...

Comment

Working...
              X