Genes Reunited Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genes Reunited Sale

What do you think of the sale to DC Thomson who owns Find my Past, it says it is planning to combine the two sites.

I hadn't twigged until I read the business news on Teletext that Brightsolid Ltd., the purchaser, is owned by DC Thomson. Brightsolid are the people who operate ScotlandsPeople for GROS.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I think they'll merge it with Find my Past family tree section.

Which as far as I've been able to see isn't used much if at all.

Can't see the need for forums on find my past to be honest.

I hope any changes they make doesn't down grade Find My Past or Scotland's People because they are far superior than the GR site.

Comment

I think I'm quite pleased that FMP have got it.

I like Ancestry but I do feel that a British company will have more interest in British genealogy and records. I have never really been able to find my way around the Ancestry message boards - they are too big, to my mind.

However, I shall wait and see what actually happens, before I decide to rejoin GR!

OC

Comment

Bob

I don't think my threads are still available and certainly not that embarrassing sticky which caused so much venom, lol.

OC

Comment

well i thought the sticky was brilliant !!!
            the meercat.

Comment

Now that the same company owns GenesReunited, FindMyPast, ScotlandsPeople, 1901censusonline AND 1911census, then maybe they will offer a one-stop shop all-inclusive subscription? Now that would be something worthwhile! However, I won't be holding me breath waiting...
              Last edited by Richard in Perth; 07-08-09, 01:20.

Comment

That would interest me too Richard. As long as the price is competitive of course.

Comment

i think if they did that, richard, it would be more expensive than ancestry is at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                  X