1891 help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1891 help please!

Please could I have some help in searching for the following family on the 1891

I think they were probably still in Ireland when the 1881 Census was taken, as one son was born there in Jan 1881.

I have been working with another family member who found them on 1901 mistranscribed as GLUSON living at 4 New Square, Limehouse, Ellen is a widow at this point, but neither of us can find them on 1891.

Daniel Gleeson b: Ireland c 1848 - would be age 43.
    Ellen Gleeson b: Ireland c 1854 - would be age 37
    Patrick Gleeson, Son b: Ireland c 1875 - would be age 16
    David Gleeson, Son b: Ireland January 1881 - would be age 10
    John Gleeson, Son b: Limehouse December 1883 - would be age 7

Another child was born in Limehouse in 1892 so they should be there somewhere!!

We are trying to determine when Daniel died and finding this census entry would give us a clue!!

As always, i would be very grateful for any help!;)
    Lal x

Mirror,Mirror, on the wall......I am my mother after all!!

Hi Lal
    No luck so far

Have also looked for New Square in the ED descriptions in case they were there in 1891 ~ it's mentioned in the description of district 11 but I've looked through each image and can not see it in the 'Street' column ~ :( so a longer search would be necessary

Am now going through ED 11 looking at surnames
    Last edited by Rachel Scand; 06-08-09, 14:49.
    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I got all excited when I found a John Dornon born 1883 Limehouse with parents Daniel and Ellen - but the other family members don't fit. Name on image looks like Down.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Looks like there's an Anne Glasson (or similar name) aged 45 in the Convent (image 29 ~ top of the page)
        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Rats !!!!

Been through the images looking at surnames and then
          re-read the ED description :( "EXclusive of New Ally and New Square"

Now trying the images of ED 13

New Sq is on image 7 and they're not there ~ will do the rest of the images in case
          Last edited by Rachel Scand; 06-08-09, 15:15.

Comment

There's a David Gleeson (scholar born in Ireland abt 1882) at St Mary's orphanage in Heston Middx

Also a James Gleeson (1878)
            Last edited by Rachel Scand; 06-08-09, 15:37.

Comment

Thank you for your replies Rachel & Nell - sorry I was away on Ancestry!!

They really are a problem lot!! We have some contradictory possibilities which we may just have to live with until they are found!

It is possible that the father was in an asylum for 4 years over the census - making my relative illigitimate - so I was trying for clarification with the Census to prove this one way or another!

I appreciate your help.

I will have to go out shortly - Thank you for trying.
              Lal x

Mirror,Mirror, on the wall......I am my mother after all!!

Comment

Working...
              X