Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupation query

Hi everyone.

Last night discussing conspiracy theories, I got to thinking about my Grandfather.
    Cousins I have found through my research were uner the impression the my father worked for the diplomatic corps... untrue. But my grandfather did live and work in France as a chauffeur to the French licentiate in the 1930's (?sp)
    I just mentioned this to a colleague and he said that he must have had a gun etc. We got called away by something workrelated and I forgot all about it.
    Now my sister is winding me up about our own fathers employment... but I won't go into that, so it's bought it back to mind.
    Googling licentiate I just come up with a form of degree, so I don't know where a chauffeur would come into it.
    Does anyone know what the French Licenciate is likely to be. I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes down to these type of things.

Thank you

Bubblebelle
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Possibly a member of the legal profession???

Comment

LicenciƩ (licenciate) is just a person who holds a degree, not an organisation.

Where did you find the information about his occupation? Maybe he worked for the French consulate?

Comment

Hi

I got the information from my parents. I too believe it could be something to do with the government. He was in St Jean de Luz with my grandmother and father in 1930's.

I have now checked my notes and I'm really sorry and it's my memory thats at fault as it's the French legation. (It's my age... a mix of glandular fever and menopause). Googleing that and all becomes clear.

And where Licenciate comes in is through my father and Trinity College London (music)

I wll now go and lock myself away in total shame. Sorry I really did not mean to waste anyones time.

Bubblebelle
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

No problem I should have thought of legation, too.

Comment

Working...
          X